Tyres Changed - Noise Problems Solved!

Old September 23rd 04, 05:49 PM
Neil G

Default Tyres Changed - Noise Problems Solved!

Update from earlier posts.

*Had lower range vibration from 1800-2200rpm seems to have
disappeared.
*Odd high pitch metallic sound from the wheels.
*Loss of cornering performance
*Tendancy to ground on the hitplate more

All above have gone of which points 2-4 are directly attrituable to
the fact that I had a nail in my n/s front tyre and hence loss of air
pressure

I really must do those pre-takeoff checks more religiously!

Now the tireless (ho ho) question about tyre choice. I found it's not
about brand but moreover what's in stock. My local indy shop had
everything in stock. But in my size(205/55/R16)? Hardly! Had to go
for Goodyear Eagle NCT5 and okay there are too albeit pricey at £80
(ouch).

Neil
156 2.0TS Veloce 2001.

And he put new ones on the front!
Old September 24th 04, 08:58 AM
Ppelectron

>Update from earlier posts.
>
>*Had lower range vibration from 1800-2200rpm seems to have
>disappeared.
>*Odd high pitch metallic sound from the wheels.
>*Loss of cornering performance
>*Tendancy to ground on the hitplate more
>
>All above have gone of which points 2-4 are directly attrituable to
>the fact that I had a nail in my n/s front tyre and hence loss of air
>pressure
>
>I really must do those pre-takeoff checks more religiously!
>
>Now the tireless (ho ho) question about tyre choice. I found it's not
>about brand but moreover what's in stock. My local indy shop had
>everything in stock. But in my size(205/55/R16)? Hardly! Had to go
>for Goodyear Eagle NCT5 and okay there are too albeit pricey at £80
>(ouch).
>

>Neil
>156 2.0TS Veloce 2001.

I found it impossible to get tyres for my 156 V6 off the shelf. So I discussed
brands on here, checked the manufacturers internet sites, decided exactly what
I wanted, then went and told Kwik-Fit. They ordered them in for me at no extra
charge and got them within 3 working days. They didn't even ask for a deposit.
No problem :-)

Phil 156 2.5 V6 205/60/R15W
(it's the W that causes the problem... !)