'05 Explorer - Change Oil Indicator

Old February 1st 07, 10:35 PM posted to alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Matt Macchiarolo

Default '05 Explorer - Change Oil Indicator

Keep it up and you'll find no one will want to help you. Perhaps you might
have included in your reply that you didn't have a manual, instead of a
hotheaded reaction. Just a thought.

Old February 1st 07, 10:44 PM posted to alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Ford Tech

"Mr. CLean" > wrote in message
> Oh, just go and **** off, it'speople like you that give peer help forums
> a bad name.
> All you ever do is say RTFM when you can't lend a note to help someone.
>
> Keep your ****ing opinions to yourself and I hope one you're working on
> falls on you because you didn't RTFM of the jack you use..

Well its nice to know that you can be beligerent at 2 o'clock in the
afternoon. I am guessing someone drank their lunch. My earlier comments were
not aimed directly towards you. I apologize if you thought they were. I was
just stating in general, that you would be suprised at the number of people
who dont read or own an owners manual for their vehicle. I assumed that
since the vehicle was an 05 MY that it would have a manual in it when you
bought it.

BTW, if I refer someone to a manual, its usually because the manual is
right. Plus you get the added bonus of having it in black and white right in
front of you while doing whatever procedure you are doing. I dont do it
because I dont know what I am talking about, its because its alot easier for
me to type RTFM (as you put it), and owners manuals are put in vehicles at
the factory for just the reason you are posting here. If there wasnt one in
the vehicle when you purchased it, you should have requested one from the
dealer. They can order you one.

And while I am at it, I assume you can read, since you are posting here. So
you can't be upset that someone is telling you to read something.. LOL

As for a vehicle falling on me, I dont wish that one anyone. I know people
who have died that way, and its usually a long miserable death. But just so
you know and for your peace of mind. I use jack stands when a lift is not
feasible for the job I am doing. It amazes me that people can wish something
like that on someone they dont even know, just becuase they are upset over
their own stupidity. Go to the dealer pay the $20 for the manual and come
back with a better attitude.

Ford Tech

Old February 2nd 07, 12:37 AM posted to alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
oklaman

most of you are correct, the owners manual should be consulted first.

however, my 2000 owners manual leaves a lot to be desired as far as
explanations.
. ..

Old February 2nd 07, 01:21 AM posted to alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Bob[_11_]

In article >,
Mr. CLean > wrote:
:How do I clear, PERMANENTLY, the indicator to change engine oil?
:I have gotten an oil change and the indicator shows every time
:I start the vehicle. I have to press the reset button every time.

I'll help...seems like a reasonable question to me.

On my '05 Explorer I hit the Setup button until the Message Center says
"Press Reset at Oil Change". Then I press the Reset button. THis will
only reset things until it's time for another oil change, not
permanently.

Hope this helps!

Bob
Old February 2nd 07, 03:43 AM posted to alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Jim Warman

Well, one might consider reading the owners manual as a responsibility of
ownership... And it might be a wise thing considering the cost of a new
vehicle these days..

Of course these considerations might be lost on someone with the diminuative
abilities that your post suggests....

It's your ****ing car... if you can't figure out how operate it, it is no
skin off anyones ass except your own. What makes you so important that you
need to get everyone else to do your reading for you.

Now that you know what an owners manual is for, I can about guarranty that
you will have it open in front of you by the third time you try the reset
procedure...

And you have earned yourself a place of great esteem in many computers....
Mr. Clean... meet Mr. KillFile...

Old February 3rd 07, 06:28 AM posted to alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Jim Warman

Hey, Bob... since you're in the mood, how do I set up the RDS in my radio
and how do I get the functions to work... this is a 02 SuperCrew. Y'see,
it's a lot of work to look in my owners manual and I can probably depend on
someone else to do my work for me.... CSI is on and I don't want to miss
it....

If I didn't have an owners manual, it would be far too much like work for me
to ask "where can I find a manual" when I can simply ask someone to search
through the index and find the section for me....

P.T. Barnum said that someone like you was born every minute....

Points on your side.. you were a nice guy even after you found out that Mr.
Clean was an absolute lazy jerk-off.... hopefully you will never meet him in
a situation where you have to exchange money.

Old February 4th 07, 07:13 PM posted to alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
oklaman

Jim,
Lighten up. It's not good for your blood pressure...

Old February 4th 07, 09:22 PM posted to alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Jim Warman

They tell me I'm a heartless *******, at times.... so I don't think I have
any blood pressure...

FWIW, I have little use for those that have the information at their
fingertips but prefer to try and get someone else to do the "work" for
them... It's called "thinking for ones-self" and, in life, it is assumed
that we can all do that...

Part of my day job is "baby-sitter"... While I am often called upon to
discuss diagnostic strategies with my experienced techs, I am more often
called upon for basic instruction from my apprentices. After ten hours of
asking if they have RTFMed or checked OASIS over and over, you tend to lose
some of your humour....

I don't mind helping with inexperience, I love the opportunity to share
knowledge.... I abhor sloth.

The owners manual has been described as the worlds most expensive unread
book... a nearly inadequate description since the hundreds of dollars worth
of features that the owner purchase go unused (and even unknown) for lack of
effort spent in simply looking in the book.

Man, I'm hungry... can someone come over and make me a sandwich????

Old February 5th 07, 12:08 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Paul G.

On Feb 4, 1:22 pm, "Jim Warman" > wrote:
> They tell me I'm a heartless *******, at times....

Sure, but I'll take a heartless ******* who knows his stuff over a
polite idiot any day. ;-))
-Paul