'92 Saturn SL1 - How Much Coolant Doies it Need?

Old August 2nd 08, 09:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Jack[_19_]

Default '92 Saturn SL1 - How Much Coolant Doies it Need?

Hi, I have a '92 Saturn SL1 with what appears to be a leaking upper
radiator hose. I'm going to change the hose. How much coolant should I buy
and what type should I use? I bought some Prestome premix non phospphate
coolant to top it off then realized it was leaking too much.

Do I need to drain the radiator or can I replace the hose then top off the
radiator? How coolant does the car use?

Thanks

Old August 10th 08, 06:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
marx404

According to SaturnFans, (try Google, you will find amny answers) the
s-series takes 7 quarts of colant. You can use Prestone, the green stuff is
what you want.

--
marx404

Old August 10th 08, 08:15 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Bob Shuman[_2_]

Flush the system first and make sure the green ethylene glycol based
antifreeze/coolant is phosphate free. When done, bleed the air from the
system and then crush and add two sealant pellets available from the Saturn
dealer .

Bob