1993 Saturn SW2 Brakes

Old August 2nd 08, 01:50 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
FSCHW

Default 1993 Saturn SW2 Brakes

I have a '93 SW2 and would like to try replacing the front brake pads and
rotors myself. Is this something someone with average mechanical skills
can do? Have replaced pads on other cars, but never rotors.

--
Message posted using http://www.talkaboutautos.com/group/...makers.saturn/
More information at http://www.talkaboutautos.com/faq.html

Old August 2nd 08, 02:13 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
FSCHW

Sorry, that was a typo. It's a '95.

Old August 2nd 08, 04:19 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Doug Miller[_1_]

In article outautos.com>, "FSCHW" > wrote:
>I have a '93 SW2 and would like to try replacing the front brake pads and
>rotors myself. Is this something someone with average mechanical skills
>can do? Have replaced pads on other cars, but never rotors.

Get a Haynes or Chilton manual for your car from the library or an auto parts
store, and give it a shot. It's pretty easy on most cars. I'm not sure if
there's a difference between your Saturn and my '96 and '99, but on mine, all
you need to do is remove the caliper completely, then just slide the old rotor
off the hub.
Old August 2nd 08, 12:22 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Shawn

You remove caliper, then you have to remove the bracket tha the caliper
bolts to. This bracket has to come off in order to slide the rotors off.
Make sure to grease the sliders also when you are finished.
lkaboutautos.com...

Old August 3rd 08, 03:17 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Bob Shuman

If you have replaced front disc pads on other vehicles, then you should be
fine doing the Saturn since they are very similar. Rotors just pop off once
the calipers are removed and are easier to replace than to turn down and
re-use. This is a fairly simple job and if you have any mechanical ability,
you should be fine.

Bob

lkaboutautos.com...

1993 Saturn SC2 Bill Saturn 1 June 1st 06 12:50 AM
1993 saturn 2dr sc had2be Saturn 0 August 19th 05 11:29 PM
Mazda MPV 1993 brakes Andrew Technology 0 April 12th 05 11:05 PM
1993 Saturn SL2 Canuck1 Saturn 3 February 23rd 05 11:09 AM
1993 Explorer : Brakes Eric Technology 3 February 16th 05 07:59 AM