95 Accord factory remote keyless entry problems.

Old December 28th 06, 02:25 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
maumee

Default 95 Accord factory remote keyless entry problems.

I just purchased a 95 Accord EX two door in good condition. It had a
few problems which I have pretty much taken care of except one. The
previous owner disabled the remote keyless entry system and electronic
door locks due to the locks cycling on their own. I fixed that by
replacing the driver side door lock motor and that problem has gone
away. I purchased an aftermarked remote unlock fob since the previous
owner had lost his and followed the programming instructions that came
with it. The car will not go into program mode so that a new remote can
be used. I verified the programming code procedure on a couple of web
sites and what I had was sound. Open the driver door and hold the lock
unlock switch in the unlock position and then within 10 seconds, put
the key in the ignition and remove it five times. On the sixth time,
leave the key in and the locks should cycle up and down. This does not
happen. The key left in ignition alarm sounds when the key is inserted
in the ignition so it would seem that the computer can see that the key
is inserted. My assumption is that the keyless entry control module is
defective. Can anyone confirm my diagnosis or suggest an alternative
explanation to my problem? If that unit is defective where exactly is
it? Thanks

Old December 29th 06, 12:18 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
E Meyer

On 12/27/06 8:25 PM, in article
, "maumee"
> wrote:

> I just purchased a 95 Accord EX two door in good condition. It had a
> few problems which I have pretty much taken care of except one. The
> previous owner disabled the remote keyless entry system and electronic
> door locks due to the locks cycling on their own. I fixed that by
> replacing the driver side door lock motor and that problem has gone
> away. I purchased an aftermarked remote unlock fob since the previous
> owner had lost his and followed the programming instructions that came
> with it. The car will not go into program mode so that a new remote can
> be used. I verified the programming code procedure on a couple of web
> sites and what I had was sound. Open the driver door and hold the lock
> unlock switch in the unlock position and then within 10 seconds, put
> the key in the ignition and remove it five times. On the sixth time,
> leave the key in and the locks should cycle up and down. This does not
> happen. The key left in ignition alarm sounds when the key is inserted
> in the ignition so it would seem that the computer can see that the key
> is inserted. My assumption is that the keyless entry control module is
> defective. Can anyone confirm my diagnosis or suggest an alternative
> explanation to my problem? If that unit is defective where exactly is
> it? Thanks

I see several possibilities. If, as you say, the previous owner did
something to disable the remote entry system, you might not have found and
corrected everything he did to disable it.

The other possibility is the your aftermarket remote might not program the
same way as the OEM units, or might be incompatible with the OEM receiver.

Old December 29th 06, 03:05 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
maumee

E Meyer wrote:
> On 12/27/06 8:25 PM, in article
> , "maumee"
> > wrote:
>
> > I just purchased a 95 Accord EX two door in good condition. It had a
> > few problems which I have pretty much taken care of except one. The
> > previous owner disabled the remote keyless entry system and electronic
> > door locks due to the locks cycling on their own. I fixed that by
> > replacing the driver side door lock motor and that problem has gone
> > away. I purchased an aftermarked remote unlock fob since the previous
> > owner had lost his and followed the programming instructions that came
> > with it. The car will not go into program mode so that a new remote can
> > be used. I verified the programming code procedure on a couple of web
> > sites and what I had was sound. Open the driver door and hold the lock
> > unlock switch in the unlock position and then within 10 seconds, put
> > the key in the ignition and remove it five times. On the sixth time,
> > leave the key in and the locks should cycle up and down. This does not
> > happen. The key left in ignition alarm sounds when the key is inserted
> > in the ignition so it would seem that the computer can see that the key
> > is inserted. My assumption is that the keyless entry control module is
> > defective. Can anyone confirm my diagnosis or suggest an alternative
> > explanation to my problem? If that unit is defective where exactly is
> > it? Thanks
> >

> I see several possibilities. If, as you say, the previous owner did
> something to disable the remote entry system, you might not have found and
> corrected everything he did to disable it.
>
> The other possibility is the your aftermarket remote might not program the
> same way as the OEM units, or might be incompatible with the OEM receiver.

I would consider the aftermarket issue except that the car receiver
itself will not go into the program mode which is indicated by the door
locks cycling. Therefore I am still focusing on the inability of the
receiver to work correctly.