2000 Civic battery

Old December 22nd 06, 04:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
my name is

Default 2000 Civic battery

The OEM 12 volt battery in my 2000 Civic needs replacing, I've heard the
bigger (capacity wise) the battery the easier on the alternator it is,
true ?
--
Rob Fruth - Houston, Tx
http://www.rfruth.net

1981 Raleigh for errands & fun ____ __o
1997 Trek 2300 for real fun ! ____ _ \ | _)
2000 Civic hatchback (_)/ (_)
Old December 22nd 06, 04:49 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
jim beam

my name is wrote:
> The OEM 12 volt battery in my 2000 Civic needs replacing, I've heard the
> bigger (capacity wise) the battery the easier on the alternator it is,
> true ?

don't waste time thinking about it unless you want to relocate the
battery - physical size constraints.
Old December 23rd 06, 02:22 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Art[_1_]

Don't buy more battery than you need. The more they squeeze in the more
internally fragile leading to failure.

. net...

Old December 23rd 06, 02:51 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Tegger

my name is > wrote in . net:

> The OEM 12 volt battery in my 2000 Civic needs replacing, I've heard the
> bigger (capacity wise) the battery the easier on the alternator it is,
> true ?

What kind of "capacity"? What you've heard is wrong. If the battery can
hold a proper charge (NOT necessarily 12V!!!!)and is sufficient
to operate the starter, it's fine.

You're around Houston Texas. Just buy the battery that's the correct size
for your battery tray, and that has the terminals the right way around.

An Interstate I-51R will do you just fine.
<http://www.interstatebatteries.com/estore/search.asp?details=1&mscssid=8BMS3TJ5MPJE9LSAJ6HTH J57UQ4GA5E8&N=21+4294574530+2147384744+4294574529& part_number=I%2D51R&Nu=Part+Number&Ns=product+Type %7C0%7C%7CRank%7C1&N=21+4294574530+2147384744+4294 574529&js=1>

Failing that, Wal-Mart sells Eveready batteries that are good.

--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Old December 25th 06, 05:47 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
my name is

jim beam wrote:
> my name is wrote:
>> The OEM 12 volt battery in my 2000 Civic needs replacing, I've heard
>> the bigger (capacity wise) the battery the easier on the alternator it
>> is, true ?

> don't waste time thinking about it unless you want to relocate the
> battery - physical size constraints.

thank you all, Autozone has an el chepo "Valucraft" 410 CCA battery for
$ 45.99 is this good ?

Old December 25th 06, 03:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Grumpy AuContraire

my name is wrote:

> jim beam wrote:
>
>> my name is wrote:
>>
>>> The OEM 12 volt battery in my 2000 Civic needs replacing, I've heard
>>> the bigger (capacity wise) the battery the easier on the alternator
>>> it is, true ?

>> don't waste time thinking about it unless you want to relocate the
>> battery - physical size constraints.

> thank you all, Autozone has an el chepo "Valucraft" 410 CCA battery for
> $ 45.99 is this good ?

You will get what you pay for...

JT

OEM Honda parts catalogs for sale Joe[_4_] Honda 0 July 31st 06 11:00 PM
Recharging Battery? Nino NoSpam Honda 12 July 10th 06 04:50 PM
Did I replace my battery too soon? mswlogo Chrysler 8 June 15th 06 11:26 AM
Help dead battery and can not get into 2000 Vet WayneC Corvette 1 December 26th 05 03:50 AM
Help dead battery and can not get into 2000 Vet TWW Corvette 2 December 25th 05 04:53 PM