Way Off Topic: Brawl In Detroit

Old November 30th 04, 07:35 AM
Spike

As long as the kids don't see it... don't want to set a bad
example...

It would be great if there were a way to start up a new race group of
strictly average good ol' boys who work on their own cars, and maybe
have a couple of buds to help here and there, who race for the shear
enjoyment of racing a machine they scrimped and saved to build rather
than something a bunch of sponsors handed them.

On 29 Nov 2004 23:03:34 -0800, (winze) wrote:

>....and gone are the days when the "good ole boys" raced for food and
>the need for speed! now we have the likes of baby face Kurt Busch and
>the pretty boy twins Jeff Gordon/Jimmy Johnson and stupid commercials
>featuring Michael Waltrip,Dale Jr. razor blades and Ups trucks! I'll
>take the days when they drove real cars and smoked cigarettes during
>cautions and settled disagreements with fist on the backstretch!

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!
Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior
Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8"
w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
Old November 30th 04, 08:47 AM
The Rebel

"Spike" > wrote in message
> As long as the kids don't see it... don't want to set a bad
> example...
>
> It would be great if there were a way to start up a new race group of
> strictly average good ol' boys who work on their own cars, and maybe
> have a couple of buds to help here and there, who race for the shear
> enjoyment of racing a machine they scrimped and saved to build rather
> than something a bunch of sponsors handed them.
>
> On 29 Nov 2004 23:03:34 -0800, (winze) wrote:

You mean like NASCAR use to be?

Old November 30th 04, 02:10 PM
Backyard Mechanic

The Rebel opined in news:gsWqd.488191$D%.283970@attbi_s51:

> "Spike" > wrote in message
>> As long as the kids don't see it... don't want to set a bad
>> example...
>>
>> It would be great if there were a way to start up a new race group of
>> strictly average good ol' boys who work on their own cars, and maybe
>> have a couple of buds to help here and there, who race for the shear
>> enjoyment of racing a machine they scrimped and saved to build rather
>> than something a bunch of sponsors handed them.
>>
>> On 29 Nov 2004 23:03:34 -0800, (winze) wrote:
>>

> You mean like NASCAR use to be?

"What is ARCA"?
Old November 30th 04, 02:26 PM
SVTKate

*sigh*
The good ol days, when men were men, and women still wanted them.

--
Kate
98 Cobra Drop Top

om...

Old November 30th 04, 08:47 PM
Spike

GOD! KATE!!! Guess I'd better drag out my Sprinsteen collection and
put on "Glory Days" and Rock On while I Rock Out in my Rock ER!

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 14:26:06 GMT, "SVTKate"

Old November 30th 04, 08:48 PM
Spike

The gas station across from the 7/11 and Chevron?

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 14:10:30 GMT, Backyard Mechanic

Old November 30th 04, 08:52 PM
Spike

Someday, we'll all look back on this life and wonder why we wasted our
time when we coulda been knockin over Circle Ks and living under
freeway overpasses, and migrating for the seasons....'cause the 'good
ol' boys' are about as extinct as the dinosaurs. LOL

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 08:47:08 GMT, "The Rebel"
> wrote:

.. .

Old December 1st 04, 04:40 AM
SVTKate

I ****ing HATE Springsteen

Gimmie almost ANYTHING but Bruce.

Now I have to go puke.
Dang it Spike, you'll pay for that one.

--
Kate
98 Cobra Drop Top
Am I really supposed to post all the mods I have made to my car in this
little space?

news | GOD! KATE!!! Guess I'd better drag out my Sprinsteen collection and

Old December 1st 04, 05:17 AM
Spike

Now, Kate....
"when you let them know they got to you they're winning"

-CSI-
I maybe gonna pay for it but now you've given away a "weakness"
.....along with your fave chocolates... LOL

On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 04:40:21 GMT, "SVTKate"

Old December 2nd 04, 12:40 AM
SVTKate

That's cool, you play Springsteen, and I'll got get some Rap for ya.

Detroit in CJ Greg Jeep 2 January 7th 05 02:34 PM
Off topic CVT tranny question for Jim Warman or others... CRAngelo Ford Explorer 6 November 19th 04 02:49 PM
Detroit rear, or lockright F&B Greg 4x4 4 July 3rd 04 07:16 PM
F.S. 85 GM DANA 60, 1ton 4x4 AXLES, 4.56 gears, Detroit Locker. in NH,ME MilitaryTruckParts 4x4 8 March 20th 04 01:20 PM
Giving away old parts near Detroit Rrolllly Antique cars 1 September 22nd 03 02:51 AM