Uk Honda Accord 1999 2.0i VTEC SE - Bose Radio removal - How?

Old August 16th 06, 02:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
KaTz

Default Uk Honda Accord 1999 2.0i VTEC SE - Bose Radio removal - How?

Hi I just got this car and want to replace the existing Bose cassette
player with a mp3 headset.
I have check out this group and some other sites online but they can't
help as my model isn't covered.
The plastic that surrounds my radio and the air con controls above goes
all the way around the speedo also. So I can't figure out where to get
the screws out from.

http://pic.piczo.com/img/i96518845_357_3.jpg
[the above is a pic of my current bose system]

Any help appreciated.
The local honda dealer will replace the stereo for a price of £50ish
next week - so come on guys - help me out!!!
Thanks

Old August 22nd 06, 02:55 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
KaTz

KaTz wrote:
> Hi I just got this car and want to replace the existing Bose cassette
> player with a mp3 headset.
> I have check out this group and some other sites online but they can't
> help as my model isn't covered.
> The plastic that surrounds my radio and the air con controls above goes
> all the way around the speedo also. So I can't figure out where to get
> the screws out from.
>
> http://pic.piczo.com/img/i96518845_357_3.jpg
> [the above is a pic of my current bose system]
>
> Any help appreciated.
> The local honda dealer will replace the stereo for a price of £50ish
> next week - so come on guys - help me out!!!
> Thanks

just an update.
someone mailed me, thanks
i managed to get dash surround of and radio out. but cos i have a bose
system i needed an adaptor for new stereo to fit.
so drove to halfords. what a bummer - bose systems have no adaptors
available. looks like i'm stuck - or i can cut the wires and connect
with bullet connectors. but i dont wanna do that.
****e.