Anyone want to buy my 95 M3 (Automatic)?

Old September 23rd 04, 01:19 PM
LeonErin1

Default Anyone want to buy my 95 M3 (Automatic)?

I am sorry to use this newsgroup for this purpose as I have gotten much useful
information here in the past.

That said, I am 20 miles North of Philadelphia (Newtown) and moving to Puerto
RIco for 2 years and am thinking that if I sell the 95 M3 I can look at an E46
M3 upon my return and the roads of Puerto Rico aren't really set up to well for
the M3.

Car is in great condition!
98K Miles
I started out asking $12,000 and noone will call with it listed at $9,000 (As
low as I will go).

If you are interested here are some specifics:

I am the owner from 2001 on. 2 owners before me both were leases.
Last 3 winters car was winterized & stored (garage w/ cover) from November 1 to
April 1.
I put 50,000 of 98,000 miles on the car, almost all highway (90 mile commute)
Almost all PA & NJ Turnpike. 80 of 88 miles. Other than this commute I have
not taken this car anywhere. These days it sits in the garage anyway as I am
trying to keep it under 100,000 miles.

Car has:
Sunroof / Moonroof - I'm not sure what to call it but it is metal not glass.
2- power seats
Heated seats
Tape deck w/ 6 disk changer in trunk - factory
Luxury package - Grey leather interior

I can only comment on the car for the last 3 years but..
I use only Synthetic Oil.
I have all of the paperwork for everything done.
Service II was performed late 2001 and this June (2004)
Pa inspection good through summer 05.
Tires are Toyo Proxy FZ4 235/40/zr17 , probably less than 10,000 miles, I
don't beat on the car (at all) so tires typically last a long time with me. My
last set lasted about 40,000 miles, some M3 drivers go through tires every
15,000 miles.

Car is automatic tranny, most people don't want this in a sports car, i.e. I
may have a difficult time selling this car.

As far as I can tell car has never been chipped (ECU Program CHip) or tracked
(Race track). Although I don't think there are too many automatics at the
track anyway.

Rear shock mounts have been replaced - you'll find this is a commom problem
with m3's but I think once you fix it it never happens again.

I believe the water pump was replaced with one with a SS impeller (another M3
flaw), I'd have to check some paperwork.
The only mechanic I've used is Mike Yaskin (Bavarian Specialties) King of
Prussia, PA. Mike claims thath he likes the car and says it should last a
long time

I have two pictures if you are interested.
Car has xm radio which is nice if you are in your car alot. $9.99/month, it's
a skifi so I can take it out and put it in the other car, which is where it is
most of the time. (Tahoe)

Car tracks well, compression seems to be pretty high. Handling is still out of
this world.

Problems:
Driver seat does not fold forward for rear seat access- switch is broken,
passenger side entry does work. (I have always had this problem but have only
had people in the back seat 3 or 4 times)
Lock on passenger side works but to lock the car you have to walk to passenger
door.
Lower air shroud (not visible) has been loose lately and should be replaced,
$300 part. I have it fastened fairly well but I would probably replace it at
the next oil change.
Oil change due in 2000 miles (100k)
There is a light that illuminates the HVAC controls that does not come on
sometimes.

Interested? Call Leo at 732-221-3435 or .

A4 automatic locking function al1 Audi 5 November 27th 04 04:57 PM
A6 1.9 TDi Automatic OiS Audi 0 November 23rd 04 11:21 PM
Alfa Romeo 164 - Automatic Suspension Control Spiko Alfa Romeo 1 September 15th 04 04:18 PM
Audi 80 Automatic Chris Audi 2 July 11th 04 03:39 AM