More on the bailout

Old January 3rd 09, 03:05 AM posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda
Gordon McGrew[_1_]

Default More on the bailout

On Fri, 2 Jan 2009 16:25:05 -0500, "Mike Hunter" <mikehunt2@lycos/com>
wrote:

>What dismal performance? Do you live in a cave in Afghanistan? GM
>outsells every other manufacturer in the US

What dismal performance? Oh, I don't know, maybe the fact that they
would be out of business by now if the US government weren't bailing
them out.

.. .

Old January 3rd 09, 03:13 AM posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda
[email protected]

Gordon McGrew wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 18:21:06 -0500, "Mike Hunter"
> <mikehunt2@lycos/com> wrote:
>
> >THAT was an insane notion. If the vehicle you owned was a good one, WHY
> >would you?

> Why don't you ask GM owners that question? GM's market share has
> dropped from 50% to 22%.

But GM still sells more cars than Toyota!
But GM still sells more cars in the US than Toyota!
But GM still sells more cars that get over 30 MPG than Toyota!
But GM still sells more V6s and V8s than Toyota!
Old January 3rd 09, 03:21 AM posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda
[email protected]

Mike Hunter wrote:

> As to old cars shows, I attend shows all over the east cost and the ONLY Jap
> cars I see are an occasional low mileage RX7 or "Z." On the other hand a
> see plenty of domestic, British and European cars, even Italian cars, from
> the seventies at those shows

That's proof enough of British and Italian car companies still being
better than the Japanese!

Old January 3rd 09, 03:21 AM posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda
[email protected]

Old January 3rd 09, 03:26 AM posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda
[email protected]

Old January 12th 09, 05:34 PM posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford
Ribeye

"Rock Hardson" > wrote in message
.com...

> "CharlesTheCurmudgeon" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Rock Hardson" > wrote in message
>> .com...
>>> http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...l?hpid=topnews
>>>
>>> I suspect once the US auto industry gets on a level field the foriegn
>>> companies may be in for an ass kicking.
>>>

>> Sorry, you are WRONG. US auto makers do not encourage the culture of
>> quality that the Japanese auto makers embraced about 50 years ago. Until
>> the American automakers demonstrate they are truly commited to quality
>> and not just dependent on whether the head of the company is commited to
>> quality or not, there's not only going to not be a level playing field,
>> there's not gong to be any play.
>>
>> And since you are obviously a UAW shill, you go plonk in the night.
>>
>> Sir Charles the Curmudgeon
>> Friends don't let friends vote Democrat.
>>

> Now how would you actually know I am wrong? Or is that just more wishful
> thinking to see American industry go down the drain. What a bunch of
> traitors the US is producing. I just hope another war doesnt break out
> with Japan or Germany then we would really be in trouble with traitors. We
> would be like sitting ducks with no Industry. What would you do then try
> and buy war vehicles from japan and germany? Idiots are like sitting
> ducks.

Have you been comatose since 1945?
Or are you just really really stupid?

Old January 12th 09, 08:36 PM posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford
CharlesTheCurmudgeon[_2_]

"Ribeye" > wrote in message

> "Rock Hardson" > wrote in message
> .com...
>>
>> "CharlesTheCurmudgeon" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Rock Hardson" > wrote in message
>>> .com...

>>> Sorry, you are WRONG. US auto makers do not encourage the culture of
>>> quality that the Japanese auto makers embraced about 50 years ago.
>>> Until the American automakers demonstrate they are truly commited to
>>> quality and not just dependent on whether the head of the company is
>>> commited to quality or not, there's not only going to not be a level
>>> playing field, there's not gong to be any play.
>>>
>>> And since you are obviously a UAW shill, you go plonk in the night.
>>>
>>> Sir Charles the Curmudgeon
>>> Friends don't let friends vote Democrat.
>>>

>> Now how would you actually know I am wrong? Or is that just more wishful
>> thinking to see American industry go down the drain. What a bunch of
>> traitors the US is producing. I just hope another war doesnt break out
>> with Japan or Germany then we would really be in trouble with traitors.
>> We would be like sitting ducks with no Industry. What would you do then
>> try and buy war vehicles from japan and germany? Idiots are like sitting
>> ducks.

> Have you been comatose since 1945?
> Or are you just really really stupid?

Just like the idiots at my first job, that used to say I was un-American
because I bought one of them 'furrin' cars.

The traitors are not people like me. Bill Clinton, now he's a traitor.

Rock Hardson's an easy target to pick off. He probably is union and a
Liberal Democrat on top of that.

I keep asking the same question and no one seems to know the answer.

Didn't we win WW2? Then why am I driving a Japanese car and typing on a
Japanese laptop (assembled in China.)? How did we get to the Moon? I
don't think the Chinese helped us much there, either. Why has our industry
given up in large part? Why do we not wish to excel?

I would love to be able to buy a Chevy again, but I can't afford a car that
wants to be in the shop all the time. My last Chevy (1995) was a real shop
queen, and the shop wouldn't fix it. And things started rusting before the
first year was up. My current life won't tolerate that.

Sir Charles the Curmudgeon

Old January 12th 09, 09:48 PM posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda
Mike Hunter[_2_]

Chevrolet no longer sell 1995 models. Just like the imports do not sell
the crappie cars they sold years ago.

Every manufacturer today is selling great long lasting vehicles that can
easily be run up to 150,000 miles or more trouble free, if given the proper
preventive maintenance. The only real difference we found among them in my
fleet service business is style and price.

Old January 15th 09, 05:17 AM posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda
Gordon McGrew[_1_]

On Mon, 12 Jan 2009 16:48:58 -0500, "Mike Hunter"
<mikehunt2@lycos/com> wrote:

>Chevrolet no longer sell 1995 models. Just like the imports do not sell
>the crappie cars they sold years ago.

I've heard of Barracudas and Mako Sharks, but never a Crappie. Who
made it?

>Every manufacturer today is selling great long lasting vehicles that can
>easily be run up to 150,000 miles or more trouble free, if given the proper
>preventive maintenance.

But the typical vintage of a car hitting 150K today is 1995 or maybe a
little newer. If you are conceding that 1995 GM cars were crappy, how
would you know that the 2009 are good for 150K?

>The only real difference we found among them in my
>fleet service business is style and price.

Yadda yadda. The question to you, Mike, is: Should we give taxpayer
money to GM, Ford and Chrysler?

Old January 15th 09, 12:14 PM posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda
CharlesTheCurmudgeon[_2_]

"Gordon McGrew" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 12 Jan 2009 16:48:58 -0500, "Mike Hunter"
> <mikehunt2@lycos/com> wrote:
>
>>Chevrolet no longer sell 1995 models. Just like the imports do not sell
>>the crappie cars they sold years ago.

> I've heard of Barracudas and Mako Sharks, but never a Crappie. Who
> made it?
>

>>Every manufacturer today is selling great long lasting vehicles that can
>>easily be run up to 150,000 miles or more trouble free, if given the
>>proper
>>preventive maintenance.

> But the typical vintage of a car hitting 150K today is 1995 or maybe a
> little newer. If you are conceding that 1995 GM cars were crappy, how
> would you know that the 2009 are good for 150K?
>
>>The only real difference we found among them in my
>>fleet service business is style and price.

> Yadda yadda. The question to you, Mike, is: Should we give taxpayer
> money to GM, Ford and Chrysler?
>

>>"CharlesTheCurmudgeon" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Ribeye" > wrote in message

>>> I would love to be able to buy a Chevy again, but I can't afford a car
>>> that wants to be in the shop all the time. My last Chevy (1995) was a
>>> real shop queen, and the shop wouldn't fix it. And things started
>>> rusting
>>> before the first year was up. My current life won't tolerate that.
>>>
>>> Sir Charles the Curmudgeon

That's one of the reasons I finally ploinked Mike. I'm not listening
because he keeps repeating the same old stuff over and over again. My
experience is 'not valid'. He's as much as called me a hillbilly. He also
thinks every red-blooded American ought to lust after a full sized American
Land Yacht, and actually feels pity for anyone who 'can't afford one'. He
thinks he's smart, but he's not as smart as Henry Ford.

Sir Charles of Curmudgeon