Jiffy Lube, Honda, and the Wallet Flush

Old November 23rd 08, 01:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.toyota,misc.consumers
ziggie

Default Jiffy Lube, Honda, and the Wallet Flush

On Nov 13, 2:39*am, SMS > wrote:
> "http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/flushservices.html"

The old Jiffy-Lube "wallet flush," I told them (at the door) oil & oil-
filter ---- only!!

Besides that oil chg crap, they (without my permission) removed the
cabin filter to try sell me that. I said no and then went around for
the next 2-3 months with the heater fan making noises.

NEVER Ever ----- going to Jippy-lube again.
Old November 23rd 08, 03:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.toyota,misc.consumers
SMS

ziggie wrote:
> On Nov 13, 2:39 am, SMS > wrote:
>> "http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/flushservices.html"

> The old Jiffy-Lube "wallet flush," I told them (at the door) oil & oil-
> filter ---- only!!
>
> Besides that oil chg crap, they (without my permission) removed the
> cabin filter to try sell me that. I said no and then went around for
> the next 2-3 months with the heater fan making noises.
>
> NEVER Ever ----- going to Jippy-lube again.

If they just did oil changes, then they wouldn't be so dangerous (though
they seem to be able to screw those up on occasion as well). It's the
up-selling of services that can damage the vehicle and/or that they're
not qualified to perform, that makes them so dangerous.
Old November 23rd 08, 08:12 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.toyota,misc.consumers
[email protected]

Ziggie:

Don't bother with Jiffie Lube. Go to your local honda dealer. The
three or four around my home usually have oil changes for $30-$40,
which should be competitive with the "lube" places. The "lube" places
will pull out your micron or engine air filter and tell you it's
dirty. Of course they're dirty. Even after two weeks, they'll be
dirty. That doesn't mean they are at the end of their duty cycle.

C.
Old November 27th 08, 01:46 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.toyota,misc.consumers
MG

> wrote in message
> Ziggie:
>
> Don't bother with Jiffie Lube. Go to your local honda dealer. The
> three or four around my home usually have oil changes for $30-$40,
> which should be competitive with the "lube" places. The "lube" places
> will pull out your micron or engine air filter and tell you it's
> dirty. Of course they're dirty. Even after two weeks, they'll be
> dirty. That doesn't mean they are at the end of their duty cycle.
>
> C.

My local Honda dealers go 22.95-26.95 for oil changes. Cheaper than Jiffy
Lube. I trust them a bit more.

mg

Old November 29th 08, 02:40 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.toyota,misc.consumers
The Real Bev[_1_]

MG wrote:

> My local Honda dealers go 22.95-26.95 for oil changes. Cheaper than Jiffy
> Lube. I trust them a bit more.

I don't trust dealers either -- it's entirely likely that they give you
an oil change for below cost and then ream you on an engine rebuild.

The local Cadillac dealers are as close to criminal as it's possible to
be and stay out of jail.

--
Cheers, Bev
"Arguing on the internet is like running a race in the Special
Old December 1st 08, 12:30 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.toyota,misc.consumers
aemeijers

MG wrote:
> > wrote in message
>> Ziggie:
>>
>> Don't bother with Jiffie Lube. Go to your local honda dealer. The
>> three or four around my home usually have oil changes for $30-$40,
>> which should be competitive with the "lube" places. The "lube" places
>> will pull out your micron or engine air filter and tell you it's
>> dirty. Of course they're dirty. Even after two weeks, they'll be
>> dirty. That doesn't mean they are at the end of their duty cycle.
>>
>> C.

> My local Honda dealers go 22.95-26.95 for oil changes. Cheaper than Jiffy
> Lube. I trust them a bit more.
>
> mg

Your dealer has late afternoon or Saturday hours for oil changes? No way
am I gonna take off work, or leave a car all day, for just an oil change.

--
aem sends...
Old December 1st 08, 04:16 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.toyota,misc.consumers
Ray O[_2_]

"aemeijers" > wrote in message
> MG wrote:
>> > wrote in message
>>> Ziggie:
>>>
>>> Don't bother with Jiffie Lube. Go to your local honda dealer. The
>>> three or four around my home usually have oil changes for $30-$40,
>>> which should be competitive with the "lube" places. The "lube" places
>>> will pull out your micron or engine air filter and tell you it's
>>> dirty. Of course they're dirty. Even after two weeks, they'll be
>>> dirty. That doesn't mean they are at the end of their duty cycle.
>>>
>>> C.

>> My local Honda dealers go 22.95-26.95 for oil changes. Cheaper than
>> Jiffy Lube. I trust them a bit more.
>>
>> mg ** Posted from http://www.teranews.com **

> Your dealer has late afternoon or Saturday hours for oil changes? No way
> am I gonna take off work, or leave a car all day, for just an oil change.
>
> --
> aem sends...

Our local Toyota dealer charges $24.95 for an oil change in 29 minutes or
the next oil change is free, and the service and parts departments are open
Monday through Friday from 7:30 AM to midnight and Saturdays from 8:30 AM to
5:00 PM.
--

Ray O
(correct punctuation to reply)

Old December 1st 08, 04:26 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.toyota,misc.consumers
Jeff Strickland

"Ray O" > wrote in message

>>> My local Honda dealers go 22.95-26.95 for oil changes. Cheaper than
>>> Jiffy Lube. I trust them a bit more.
>>>
>>> mg ** Posted from http://www.teranews.com **

>> Your dealer has late afternoon or Saturday hours for oil changes? No way
>> am I gonna take off work, or leave a car all day, for just an oil change.
>>
>> --
>> aem sends...

> Our local Toyota dealer charges $24.95 for an oil change in 29 minutes or
> the next oil change is free, and the service and parts departments are
> open Monday through Friday from 7:30 AM to midnight and Saturdays from
> 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM.

My local Mazda dealer did an oil change AND a car wash. They did not
guarantee 30 minutes, but it was difficult to beat the price and service.

If a Toyota dealer has a 30-minute or less guarantee, or less, I can't see
any objection to getting an oil chage at the dealership, and the service
ought ot be superior to that of the quick-lube places.

Old December 1st 08, 05:38 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.toyota,misc.consumers
Dillon Pyron[_2_]

Thus spake The Real Bev > :

>MG wrote:
>
>> My local Honda dealers go 22.95-26.95 for oil changes. Cheaper than Jiffy
>> Lube. I trust them a bit more.

>I don't trust dealers either -- it's entirely likely that they give you
>an oil change for below cost and then ream you on an engine rebuild.
>
>The local Cadillac dealers are as close to criminal as it's possible to
>be and stay out of jail.

I don't suppose you've noticed that all the judges are driving
Caddies.
--
When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams come true.
Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which

- dillon

Like your Jiffy Lube? pws[_1_] Mazda 10 July 13th 07 02:52 AM
Transmission Flush: Dealer or Jiffy Lube?? warlock162 Honda 20 August 2nd 06 05:41 AM
Transmission Flush: Dealer or Jiffy Lube?? johnin[_21_] Honda 0 July 24th 06 11:06 PM
Beware of Jiffy Lube Coasty Jeep 23 May 29th 06 04:05 AM
JIFFY LUBE fu AGAIN BOB URZ Dodge 54 July 6th 04 04:34 AM