Stupid Americans! -- Stupid... Stupid... STUPID!!! ___________mixqec

Old November 17th 04, 02:46 PM
linda

Big Bill wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 19:27:23 GMT, linda >
>
>>>Where are you getting this? You* do* realize that, despite the
>>>descrimination against them, gays are productive members of society,
>>>don't you?
>>>No where am I saying that white males aren't doing anything. I'm
>>>saying they are being discriminated against.
>>>
>>>Bill Funk
>>>Change "g" to "a"

>>Bill, being a white female from the south, that argument won't fly with
>>me... i would have to disagree just based on my experience.. nothing
>>scientific... just my own personal experience...
>>

>>Gays are and have always been productive members of society. to name a few:
>>
>>Leonardo da Vinci (artist, inventor)
>>Samuel Barber (composer)
>>Gian Carlo Menotti (composer)
>>Raymond Burr (actor, philanthropist) (NO!!!! Not Perry Mason!!!! i
>>thought he was always in love with Della!!!! :-( ) :-)
>>Amelia Earhart - Aviator, Explorer
>>Michelangelo - (1475 - 1564) Sculptor, Artist, Architect, Poet
>>Harvey Milk - (1930 - 1978) First openly gay official elected in the US
>>Plato - (427? - 347 B.C.) Philosopher
>>Pope Benedict IX - (1020 - 1055) Roman Catholic Pope
>>Pope John XII - (937 - 964) Roman Catholic Pope
>>Pope Julius III - (1487 - 1555) Roman Catholic Pope
>>Pope Leo X - (1475 - 1521) Roman Catholic Pope
>>Pope Paul II - (1417 - 1471) Roman Catholic Pope
>>Pope Sixtus IV - (1414 - 1484) Roman Catholic Pope
>>Richard the Lionheart - King of England
>>Cole Porter - (1893 - 1964) Composer
>>Gore Vidal (statesman, author, actor)

> Did you perhaps misread what I wrote?
> "Where are you getting this? You* do* realize that, despite the
> descrimination against them, gays are productive members of society,
> don't you?"

I am sorry you misinterpreted my statement... i was agreeing with you
and backing it up with proper documentation (my experience on this NG is
that you have to back up your statements with something!!!! .. i was
helping!!!!! not arguing!!! ) :-)

Old November 17th 04, 02:46 PM
linda

Old November 17th 04, 03:02 PM
linda

James C. Reeves wrote:
> "linda" > wrote in message
> |
> | i know, i keep telling people that and i almost get into fights!!!!!
> | can you believe that THE DUKE was gay..
>
> So they weren't kidding when they referred to him as "a man's man"!
>
> Just curious. How did all of these people achieve such great and productive
> ends if discrimination was anywhere near the level claimed. In the 1970's, I
> knew Elton John was gay even then. I bought his record albums and attended his
> concerts anyway. So did everyone I knew. I'm sure some discrimination exists.
> 90% of it is made up though, in my opinion.

apparently, even homophobes can appreciate and enjoy great things,
songs, art, and benefit from what gays provide us every single day, too?

back in the 30's when "talkies" were first coming about, the film
industry were inserting morality clauses in the actors and actresses
contracts. It was an attempt to clean up the tarnished image brought on
by a raft of scandals involving sexual improprieties and drugs.
Old November 17th 04, 03:02 PM
linda

Old November 17th 04, 03:05 PM
linda

Bill Putney wrote:
> Daniel J. Stern wrote:

>>> Yet it's documented. But that won't be acknowledged.

> And you just proved me right.
>
>> Well, certainly it won't be acknowledged until you show us where you
>> found
>> that documentation. The assertion wasn't documented in your post, so for
>> now it's just your assertion.

> So I give you the information where you could easily find it. Face it -
> you aren't intersted in seeing it. You just want to attack me. Go
> right ahead. So the diversionary issue becomes whether I can document
> it (which I did) - not whether what I claimed is true or not.

NOW YOU KNOW WHAT I HAVE BEEN PUT THROUGH THE PAST THOUSAND
POSTINGS!!!!!!! How does it feel?

Old November 17th 04, 03:05 PM
linda

Old November 17th 04, 03:31 PM
linda

Bill Pitney wrote:
> linda wrote:
>
>> Bill Putney wrote:

>>> Is that the same APA that published a "scientific" study that said
>>> that it was found that pediphilia did not harm children who
>>> experienced it, and later denounced same after (and only after) those
>>> in the scientific community and the public raised a big stink about
>>> the pseudo science that they were promoting for political reasons?
>>> Why yes - I believe it was the very same APA.

>> Honestly, i did not know that.. Ask a victim of pedophilia if it
>> affected them (from personal experience, i can tell you that i am not
>> sure if it changed me, because i don't know how i would be if it
>> hadn't happened).

> I don't know - it could explain a lot - the victim mentallity and
> everything else. So you're saying that your position on pedophilia is
> "I don't know what the big fuss is about pedophilia - it ain't so bad."?
> It does appear to be one of the last taboos that hasn't been
> successfully attacked yet in the 21st century U.S. - though there are
> certainly those that are trying - it's another one of those "slippery
> slope" things, and so therefore liberals don't allow it to be discussed
> in serious public forums. Put me on record as being against pedophilia
> - it's extremely damaging. IOW - it's a bad thing.

I may have a victim mentality as you say....i do know that i tend to
protect those that i think are being attacked, or abused.... maybe not
as good as you could.. but i am doing the best i can, and at least i am
trying...
Do Not Judge Me on this issue...I never insinuated that pedophilia, "it
ain't so bad". my stomach gets twisted in knots and the dreams are
unthinkable, and i hope and pray to God that no one has to ever deal
with it the way i have had to deal with it..... Don't attack me! It is
a big fuss... when i think of what is happening to others just as it
happened to me, I honestly could KILL..... and as an anonymous person
to you, you don't know the lengths i have gone through to help prevent,
stop, put awareness out there.. you don't know me... but honestly, Bill,
having not known what i would have been like not having been a victim, i
don't know how i would be, since i was not ever given the chance of
knowing....

But the issue of pedophilia and Gay are two separate issues... and do
not belong in the same breath.. many pedophiles are heterosexual who
attack little girls in their sleep and make them promise not to tell
anyone or else... (and you don't want to know what the "or else" is).
all pedophiles of both sexes are interested in pre-pubescent, or
teenagers (male or female pedophiles, and male or female victims)...
they are not to be considered human beings. they may lead productive
lives, but i would prefer that they be eliminated from the world... the
main focus that finally brought it to the forefront has been on priests
and the young boys, but how many people have focused on stepfathers and
stepdaughters, uncles and nieces, grandfathers and grandsons, etc...
just because a high official makes the news, does not mean that the
entire grouping of people all pedophiles. nor does it mean that all
stepfathers victimize their young stepdaughters, etc... Put me on the
record as saying I KNOW THAT PEDOPHILIA IS TERRIBLY DAMAGING. but also
put me on the record as saying NOT ALL GAYS are pedophiles, not all
heteros are pedophiles, and in our discussions concerning gays,
pedophilia does NOT BELONG!!!!!

get a grip Bill.. i think your coffee has been on the burner too long...

lw

Old November 17th 04, 03:31 PM
linda

Old November 17th 04, 05:17 PM
linda

Dori A Schmetterling wrote:
> Have we established what car you drive, Linda?
>
> ;-)
> DAS

not a chrysler......;-)

Old November 17th 04, 05:17 PM
linda

Dori A Schmetterling wrote:
> Have we established what car you drive, Linda?
>
> ;-)
> DAS

not a chrysler......;-)