'Hot Dogs' at Car Shows

Old August 6th 06, 08:54 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
dave

Default 'Hot Dogs' at Car Shows

Went to an all day car show yesterday. About 280 cars entered , all
makes, all years, even motorcycles from the 1940's. Was sitting in my
chair behind my car, and watched this guy in his 1966 Chevy Malibu back
right into the rear of a brand new Mustang Cobra. Looks like he collided
fairly hard so immediately a few poeple go running over to make sure the
'Hot Dog' wasnt going to just take off and leave. I went over, and
couldnt see any damage...not even one scratch. The rubber sections on
the chrome bumper of the Malibu met with the rubber bumper of the
Mustang, fortunately. Anyways, they went and found the Mustang owner
and he looked things over and signed off on it.
Another guy at the car show said he once witnessed a Hot Rod that was
leaving a car show showing off and spun his backend real hard....only to
catch the bumper of some import car that was parked and ripped the
bumper off completely.

Do you have a Car Show Hot Dog story to tell ?

Old August 6th 06, 09:14 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
MES

Where was the show Dave? Im in Southern Wisconsin and missed it. Thanks

Old August 7th 06, 03:41 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Redbull

Not exactly a car show but a time back I took the AARP defensive driving
course..all about safety etc..as we were leaving the class room with the
instructor one of the students in a rush backed out of his parking space
...he cut the wheels too early and smashed the door and quarter panel of the
instructors car...lots of damage..so much for safe driving...

Old August 7th 06, 05:54 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
[email protected]

Redbull wrote:
> Not exactly a car show but a time back I took the AARP defensive driving
> course..all about safety etc..as we were leaving the class room with the
> instructor one of the students in a rush backed out of his parking space
> ..he cut the wheels too early and smashed the door and quarter panel of the
> instructors car...lots of damage..so much for safe driving...

The story begs the question: Did he pass?

Old August 7th 06, 10:16 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
dave

'Where was the show Dave? Im in Southern Wisconsin and missed it. Thanks
"dave" '

REPLY: It was at Johnsburg High School just north of McHenry , Il.
Out in the country . It was their 3rd annual car show. Free. 2006
Harley Davidson Motorcycle raffle, live music with an Elvis impersonator
who flew in to do the show, tons of door prizes, vendors, everything
from race cars to 4.5 second Dragster to an old bicycle with a small
motor hung on the back. Its every Aug. Next year its Aug. 7th. Set up
time is 10 a.m. with Judges starting at noon-ish. Trophies given at 5
pm. Show lasted till 7 pm

Dave.

Car shows? Mike West VW air cooled 0 April 17th 06 10:52 PM
Honda Element owners with dogs: Room for crates? [email protected] Honda 6 March 22nd 05 02:48 AM
plenty of sad dogs are distant and other shallow cards are raw, but will Jay shout that Y. E. van Noten Technology 0 January 15th 05 02:43 PM
And Speaking Of Cool Television Shows... Patrick Ford Mustang 11 December 6th 04 04:00 AM
Problems with my voager 98 SE, the trip counter always shows. even when car is turned of. maxpower Chrysler 0 October 8th 04 02:32 PM