TSW Optical encoders

Old August 6th 06, 11:48 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Ron

Default TSW Optical encoders

Have been looking for a new wheel. My current TSW2 is due for a
replacement. Was wondering if anyone is using the new TSW Digital Steering
and Pedals with the optical encoders, in place of the analog controls and
traditional pots. If so, could you shed some light on how well the
digital performs..... Thanks in advance

Old August 7th 06, 02:55 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Larry[_1_]

I didn't think it was possible to wear out a TSW...

-Larry

Old August 7th 06, 07:32 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Ron

Not really wore out.... pretty hard to do that with a TSW. But, after
many pot replacements, and several springs repairs...... I'm looking for a
new wheel, and the optical encoders look like a good replacement.

BTW, this isn't the old Larry from the GMSS that was suppose to come up to
Montana and do some fishing is it?

Ron

Old August 8th 06, 02:13 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Jim C

I just upgraded my tsw/2 with the diy evolution analog upgrade kit. I was
using the older rocketfire adapter. After the upgrade no more jitters and
my calibration is dead nuts. Significant improvement in the steering
smoothness in N3 and GTR2 demo. I would have tough time justifying the cost
for a new digital tsw versus the upgrade.

Old August 8th 06, 02:34 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Larry[_1_]

No, but I'd like to

My cousin went to Montana for College when he graduated from High School.
He hasn't left since. Been 20 years

-Larry