Stupid Americans! -- Stupid... Stupid... STUPID!!! ___________mixqec

Old November 9th 04, 04:17 AM
Wound Up

Daniel J. Stern wrote:

>>>...unless they're, y'know, gay and living in the YSM (Yoonaad'd States
>>>of Mairca).

>>Homosexuality does not serve as an acceptable excuse for being the
>>target of hatred

> Are ya sure? A lot of voters seem to hold the opposite view.

I'm quite sure. However, most don't like activists on either end.

Old November 9th 04, 04:17 AM
Wound Up

Old November 9th 04, 04:30 AM
Wound Up

indago wrote:
> 041108 2142 - Wound Up posted:
>

>>Daniel J. Stern wrote:

>>>...unless they're, y'know, gay and living in the YSM (Yoonaad'd States of
>>>Mairca).

>>Homosexuality does not serve as an acceptable excuse for being the
>>target of hatred
>>

> Well, then, maybe derision???

That's up to you. I can write derisive hatred very well. I choose not
to, because I don't think it's deserved, warranted, or appropriate.

I will never understand it, but I know it's not a question of some "vile
lifestyle choice". Believe me, the gay friends I've had all said "it
would have been much easier to grow up, and know you were straight".
Want to throw an insult at me? Well, I grew up (ironic term) in a more
heterogeneous culture than a lot of people. I knew people from many
different walks of life, and had friends from many of them.

Derision of gays is like derision of blacks. I don't believe in either
one. Anyone who believes otherwise, why, they're just plain IGNURNT, in
my estimation. Be derisive if you will; it's not up to me... I don't
really care. Getting in the way of that is not something I have time for.

Old November 9th 04, 04:30 AM
Wound Up

Old November 9th 04, 04:35 AM
Wound Up

Maybe it's because you're making simplistic, broad-brushed attributions
based on half-assed conjecture instead of anything substantial. Or
maybe you're right, those who drive "peopleskars" are just more erudite,
intelligent, and naturally more tolerant of humanity.

Those "people", by the way, didn't include gays. Or blacks, Jews,
gypsys, etc. etc. They were to be gassed, burned or shot. Those
"people" included nazis, their subjects, and their sympathizers, only.

So what's your point again? You smoked too much pot back in the day to
make any sense now?

Old November 9th 04, 04:35 AM
Wound Up

Old November 9th 04, 04:39 AM
indago

041108 2230 - Wound Up posted:

> indago wrote:
>> 041108 2142 - Wound Up posted:

>>> Homosexuality does not serve as an acceptable excuse for being the
>>> target of hatred
>>>

>> Well, then, maybe derision???

> That's up to you. I can write derisive hatred very well. I choose not
> to, because I don't think it's deserved, warranted, or appropriate.
>
> I will never understand it, but I know it's not a question of some "vile
> lifestyle choice". Believe me, the gay friends I've had all said "it
> would have been much easier to grow up, and know you were straight".
> Want to throw an insult at me? Well, I grew up (ironic term) in a more
> heterogeneous culture than a lot of people. I knew people from many
> different walks of life, and had friends from many of them.
>
> Derision of gays is like derision of blacks. I don't believe in either
> one. Anyone who believes otherwise, why, they're just plain IGNURNT, in
> my estimation. Be derisive if you will; it's not up to me... I don't
> really care. Getting in the way of that is not something I have time for.

I am recalling a program I saw on cable of a search into why an individual
is gay. An individual, seeking to understand why someone is gay, asked a
gay person: "Why are you gay?" The gay person looked him straight in the
eye and asked: "Why are you straight?"

Old November 9th 04, 04:39 AM
indago

041108 2230 - Wound Up posted:

Old November 9th 04, 05:51 AM
Kevin DeAngelis

Well, you have the right handle, I'll say that! Some folks could sure stand
to smoke a little of the wacky tabacky....

Old November 9th 04, 05:51 AM
Kevin DeAngelis