Passed a cop today

Old December 8th 04, 01:59 AM
Bill 2

Default Passed a cop today

In a 100 km/h zone, followed behind him at 100-105. Someone came on the
highway in front of him, and was driving 90-95, slowing down the cop, so I
went in the passing lane and passed the cop at 105. Nothing happened.

Old December 8th 04, 05:40 AM
Bernard Farquart

"Bill 2" > wrote in message
> In a 100 km/h zone, followed behind him at 100-105. Someone came on the
> highway in front of him, and was driving 90-95, slowing down the cop, so I
> went in the passing lane and passed the cop at 105. Nothing happened.

Yeah but now you only have eight lives left!

Bernard

Old December 8th 04, 05:40 AM
Bernard Farquart

Old December 8th 04, 10:58 AM
E.R.

In a previous posting, "Bill 2" > had the audacity
to say:

:In a 100 km/h zone, followed behind him at 100-105. Someone came on the
:highway in front of him, and was driving 90-95, slowing down the cop, so I
:went in the passing lane and passed the cop at 105. Nothing happened.

Only Harry K from Washington state gets ticketed for 5 over
while passing! ;}

--
E.R. aka SJG aka Ricardo
present location: vancouver bc canada

Old December 8th 04, 02:01 PM
truckinsp

>In a 100 km/h zone, followed behind him at 100-105. Someone came on the
>highway in front of him, and was driving 90-95, slowing down the cop, so I
>went in the passing lane and passed the cop at 105. Nothing happened.

If that's the most thrilling thing that happens in your day, I feel sorry
for you.......

Old December 8th 04, 02:01 PM
truckinsp

Old December 8th 04, 05:00 PM
Bill 2

"Scott en Aztlán" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 00:59:10 GMT, "Bill 2" > wrote:
>
> >In a 100 km/h zone, followed behind him at 100-105. Someone came on the
> >highway in front of him, and was driving 90-95, slowing down the cop, so

> >went in the passing lane and passed the cop at 105. Nothing happened.

> No doubt he was distracted by the Sloth in front of him and didn't
> notice your pass.
>
> You can thank that Sloth for saving your ass.

He was probably just looking for an opening in traffic to pass the sloth.
Further up the road there was a garbage truck going about 60 in the right
lane. The cop made it past the garbage truck, but not the sloth driver. It
seems every time I go up that hill there is a garbage truck hiding around
the corner going 60.

Normally the cops here aren't super anal even when on revenue patrol (20
over is the rule of thumb), and I'm sure I could pass the cop at 115 and
nothing would happen.

The funny thing was watching as various drivers come up in the passing lane,
see it's a cop, and either slow down and pull in behind, or micropass the
cop.

Old December 8th 04, 05:00 PM
Bill 2

Old December 8th 04, 09:51 PM
Ulf

Bill 2 wrote:
> In a 100 km/h zone, followed behind him at 100-105. Someone came on the
> highway in front of him, and was driving 90-95, slowing down the cop, so I
> went in the passing lane and passed the cop at 105. Nothing happened.

You must have passed a cop before, right?

Speaking of cops, I probably came close to getting a speeding ticket
last night. I was driving between 150-160 km/h in my BMW. Being a bit
suspicious when speeding I always check all vehicles around me to make
sure they're not cops. That's when I noticed a car with reflective text
on an on ramp about to enter the freeway behind me. As I look closer I
see something looking like a light bar on the roof too, so I ease off
the gas and slow down to about 120 km/h. Sure enough, as the car is
approaching from behind I see that's it really a cop car and drop my
speed to a legal 110 km/h. Then the cop passes me and I accelerate up to
about 140 km/h trying to keep up with him, but he's going faster,
probably around 160 km/h or so. Anyway, a little later I see flashing
blue lights on the shoulder, and it's the *same* cop who's pulled someone.

The question I asked myself was; how can cops going 50 km/h over the
limit pulling over drivers going maybe 30 km/h over the limit increase
safety? It doesn't make any sense...

Ulf

Saw my first E90 today Frank Kemper BMW 9 November 9th 04 08:43 PM
I saw an A6 2005 today Saintor Audi 3 August 17th 04 04:58 AM
4 Did you take your vitamin today? 44 Rocket3 Audi 0 July 29th 04 08:12 PM
Ordered a new A4 today (UK) :) Russell Fray Audi 1 May 27th 04 03:12 AM
That's another MOT passed, then :-) SteveH Alfa Romeo 0 May 17th 04 08:04 PM