Cracked Cylinder Head

Old August 17th 06, 07:44 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Lell

Default Cracked Cylinder Head

Hi, I just had a 100,000km service on my diesel plus replaced glow plugs,
cambelt and tensioner bearings.
Just three weeks laters I had to send it back only to de diagnosed with with
a cracked cylinder head.
Does anyone think this could of been related to the work on the car or was I
just bloody unlucky.
Lell

Old August 17th 06, 08:27 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Shep

And the vehicle is?

Old August 17th 06, 10:14 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Al Bundy

Lell wrote:
> Hi, I just had a 100,000km service on my diesel plus replaced glow plugs,
> cambelt and tensioner bearings.
> Just three weeks laters I had to send it back only to de diagnosed with with
> a cracked cylinder head.
> Does anyone think this could of been related to the work on the car or was I
> just bloody unlucky.
> Lell

If your Yugo had no symptoms until three weeks after the work, it's
unlikely to be related and harder to prove anything. If they changed
the coolant and left it low, that could have caused the problem, but
you wouldn't go three weeks without checking the coolant level would
you? Of course not. You'd check it when you got home from the shop or
sooner. Gee, I wonder how many miles you drove in those three weeks.

Old August 18th 06, 06:18 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Lell via CarKB.com

How about no more than 4km a day (2km to work and 2km back)
I know sad I should walk
And amazingly I am still driving said veichle to work and the guage doesn't
even start to move past cold until I am pulling into the drive.
So I didn't have any concerns until at the week end I went 10Km and
experienced a bubble, bubble noise followed by a loud hissing sound and a
whole lot of water spurting everywhere.

PS Radiator fluid levels were checked at the service or were they ?

PPS The said car is a Mazda