Scored a box of junk!!

Old November 23rd 04, 10:38 PM
Cletus

Default Scored a box of junk!!

My neighbor gave me a box of parts "laying around his brothers garage" from
some VW he owned at some point. Contents: one cylinder head, used, size
unknown, one camshaft, one cylinder,one German carb, 30 pict 68 style in
pieces,one vacuum only dizzy 68 style, 3 inside mirrors,all different,2 66
style taillights(repainted! complete!) some sunvisors from I don't know
what, not type 1, some cheapie chrome bits, a compression tester with
stripped looking threads, a bug license plate light, a bug pedal cluster, a
handful of used spark plugs, a used set of points, and part of an outside
mirror, and the "biggie" a vacuum dizzy.
The dist is a bosch 231 173 007, dual vacuum, I looked it up on
the web, it looks like its for a 73 bus, I figured out how to make it work
from Kens Buggy Barn site. My question is: Will it work in a basically
stock 1600 bug, and is it worth trying?

Old November 24th 04, 02:33 AM
Max Welton

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 14:38:35 -0800, Cletus >
wrote:

> My neighbor gave me a box of parts "laying around his brothers garage"
> from
> some VW he owned at some point. Contents: one cylinder head, used, size
> unknown, one camshaft, one cylinder,one German carb, 30 pict 68 style in
> pieces,one vacuum only dizzy 68 style, 3 inside mirrors,all different,2
> 66
> style taillights(repainted! complete!) some sunvisors from I don't know
> what, not type 1, some cheapie chrome bits, a compression tester with
> stripped looking threads, a bug license plate light, a bug pedal
> cluster, a
> handful of used spark plugs, a used set of points, and part of an outside
> mirror, and the "biggie" a vacuum dizzy.
> The dist is a bosch 231 173 007, dual vacuum, I looked it up on
> the web, it looks like its for a 73 bus, I figured out how to make it
> work
> from Kens Buggy Barn site. My question is: Will it work in a
> basically
> stock 1600 bug, and is it worth trying?

I have a 021-905-205J dual vac bus distributor on a stock 1600. Works
great!

Max
--
http:/www.MaxWelton.net/
Old November 24th 04, 03:47 AM
Wolfgang

I would think the retard for cylinder 3 would not be correct and #3 would
run hotter than it should (since on the T4 the air flow was not impeded to
#3.

Old November 24th 04, 04:42 PM
TerryB

"Wolfgang" > wrote in

> I would think the retard for cylinder 3 would not be correct and #3
> would run hotter than it should (since on the T4 the air flow was not
> impeded to #3.
>
> "Cletus" > wrote in message

>> outside mirror, and the "biggie" a vacuum dizzy.
>> The dist is a bosch 231 173 007, dual vacuum, I looked it up
>> on
>> the web, it looks like its for a 73 bus, I figured out how to make it
>> work from Kens Buggy Barn site. My question is: Will it work in a
>> basically stock 1600 bug, and is it worth trying?

But if you had installed a dog house shroud, it would work then, correct?
I need to get the numbers off my dual vac dizzy and look it up. I also
need to know if my compufire will work in it as well.

BTW, where do the vacuum hoses connect? I know one connects to the carb,
but where does the other one connect, to the intake, just below the carb?

--
Terry B
AKA VDUBBS
Old November 25th 04, 03:02 AM
Cletus

The retard vac is a slightly larger hose and goes on the back of the
carb(front is front of the car) slightly larger vac port.the advance vac
goes to the left side of the carb
"TerryB" > wrote in message
. 1.4...
> "Wolfgang" > wrote in
>
> > I would think the retard for cylinder 3 would not be correct and #3
> > would run hotter than it should (since on the T4 the air flow was not
> > impeded to #3.
> >
> > "Cletus" > wrote in message

> >> outside mirror, and the "biggie" a vacuum dizzy.
> >> The dist is a bosch 231 173 007, dual vacuum, I looked it up
> >> on
> >> the web, it looks like its for a 73 bus, I figured out how to make it
> >> work from Kens Buggy Barn site. My question is: Will it work in a
> >> basically stock 1600 bug, and is it worth trying?
> >>

> But if you had installed a dog house shroud, it would work then, correct?
> I need to get the numbers off my dual vac dizzy and look it up. I also
> need to know if my compufire will work in it as well.
>
> BTW, where do the vacuum hoses connect? I know one connects to the carb,
> but where does the other one connect, to the intake, just below the carb?
>
> --
> Terry B
> AKA VDUBBS
> Buggin in Bama
> http://vdubbs64.tripod.com

REAL air filter testing. More proof that K&N is junk. Steve W. Dodge 48 January 12th 05 01:22 PM
Superwinch = junk blokemn Jeep 0 December 27th 04 07:10 PM
Do Not Buy A Land Rover Its a Piece of JUNK theOutdoorMonkey 4x4 12 June 3rd 04 03:56 PM