avon tires....

Old June 21st 05, 05:58 PM
Brent P

Default avon tires....

It's time to get tires for the mustang again... So I called up tire rack
and started sorting through the tires and reviews. A particular tire has
some glowing reviews and quite a low price. (Avon tech M550 A/S) However,
I have not heard of avon tires at all.

Checking their website, they have been making tires in the UK since 1901,
which is a good sign. It seems that what is new is simply selling tires
in the USA.

Is Avon generally a good tire (tyre) company or not?

Old June 21st 05, 07:13 PM
Brimstone

Brent P wrote:
> It's time to get tires for the mustang again... So I called up tire
> rack and started sorting through the tires and reviews. A particular
> tire has some glowing reviews and quite a low price. (Avon tech M550
> A/S) However, I have not heard of avon tires at all.
>
> Checking their website, they have been making tires in the UK since
> 1901, which is a good sign. It seems that what is new is simply
> selling tires in the USA.
>
> Is Avon generally a good tire (tyre) company or not?

They make excellent tyres and other kit. If they weren't they'd have gone
out of business. ;-)

Old June 21st 05, 08:28 PM
Defiant

Avon tire is owned by Cooper Tire and Rubber here in the USA
Avon was bought by Cooper in late 90's and is a very good company.
Avon Tire are excellent tires made by a excellent company.
Avon tech tire is quite good and should give you many mile of usage.
At least they aren't being made in China like allot of the other tires are
today.
Defiant
I work for Cooper Tire and Rubber Co. here in the U.S.

Old June 22nd 05, 03:49 AM
WindsorFox[SS]

Brent P wrote:
> It's time to get tires for the mustang again... So I called up tire rack
> and started sorting through the tires and reviews. A particular tire has
> some glowing reviews and quite a low price. (Avon tech M550 A/S) However,
> I have not heard of avon tires at all.
>
> Checking their website, they have been making tires in the UK since 1901,
> which is a good sign. It seems that what is new is simply selling tires
> in the USA.
>
> Is Avon generally a good tire (tyre) company or not?

Hey, you want some mascara to go wit dem tires??

--
"Network management is like trying to herd cats."
-- Unknown

"I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges?"
-- TazAmd - Humor Section Gettingtogather.com
Old June 22nd 05, 03:50 AM
.boB

Brent P wrote:

> It's time to get tires for the mustang again... So I called up tire rack
> and started sorting through the tires and reviews. A particular tire has
> some glowing reviews and quite a low price. (Avon tech M550 A/S) However,
> I have not heard of avon tires at all.
>
> Checking their website, they have been making tires in the UK since 1901,
> which is a good sign. It seems that what is new is simply selling tires
> in the USA.
>
> Is Avon generally a good tire (tyre) company or not?

I have them on my motorcycle. Excellent tire. Best I've used so far.

--
..boB
1997 HD FXDWG - Turbocharged!

Old June 22nd 05, 08:28 AM
Adrian

Brent P ) gurgled happily, sounding
much like they were saying :

> Is Avon generally a good tire (tyre) company or not?

Avon have been OEM tyres on Bentleys and Rolls-Royce for decades.

avon tires.... Brent P Driving 10 June 22nd 05 12:20 PM
Michelin tires and their problems RQ Chrysler 21 June 20th 05 02:14 PM
Burning Rubber Gets Expensive MrPepper11 Driving 16 April 29th 05 12:26 AM
Burning Rubber Gets Expensive MrPepper11 General 15 April 28th 05 01:25 PM
Interesting...Expired Tires Patrick Ford Mustang 4 November 10th 04 03:42 AM