Thing Brakes

Old July 8th 05, 01:00 AM
Ed

Default Thing Brakes

I'm finding conflicting info as to which shoes fit the front and rear of the
Thing. One seouce lists the rear axle as using the same shoes as the '60 to
'63 Bus. Another says that the Thing uses the same shoes the '65 to '74
Beetle and Ghia. One auto parts store lists the Bendix as same front and
rear, while Beck-Arnley shows different.

Who can clear this up? Some places don't list the Thing at all, so it would
be helpful to ask for the Beetle or Bus ones of whichever year they are the
same as.

Thanks,
Ed

Reply to group or eduntz at hotmail dot com

Old July 8th 05, 01:47 AM
MUADIB®

http://www.thethingshop.com/

Those guys ought to know everything there is to know about them.

>Who can clear this up? Some places don't list the Thing at all, so it would
>be helpful to ask for the Beetle or Bus ones of whichever year they are the
>same as.
>
>Thanks,
>Ed
>
>Reply to group or eduntz at hotmail dot com

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

http://www.angelfire.com/retro/sster...IN%20PAGE.html

If A Quiz is Quizical,
What is a test?

The Peacemaking Meeting scheduled for today has been
cancelled due to a conflict.
Old July 8th 05, 01:50 AM

Looks to me like they are different front to rear according to:
http://thingsunlimited.net/en-us/dept_1.html
At least they have different part numbers. They're also available at:
http://www.mr-auto-parts.com/epcvsoa...X1K718LF2D&dri
llid=8&subcatid=801045@@Pads%2C+Shoes+%26+Related& clientid=mr-auto-parts
Andy

Old July 8th 05, 05:49 AM
Ben Boyle

Why not just order them from a good VW parts source and end the confusion?