Rear Gears Question!

Old May 2nd 05, 12:08 AM

I run 2400RPM's @ 70mph w/ 3.73 gears w/ my T-45 ;(.

-Mike

--
Melt away the Cellulite with Cellulean!
http://www.MeltAwayCellulite.com/

"Greg Peck" > wrote in message
news:nd7de.2356$yV4.714@okepread03...
> I have and 04 GT conv with the Tremac 5 spd., Don't waster your time with
> 3.73's, At the advice of my local Mustang shop I have 4.10's and am glad I
> did. There is not much difference between the 2 gas mileage and RPM wise.
> But the extra bump off the line is great. The stock 327 gears at 70mph ran
> at about 1700 rpm, 373's will run around 2100 and my 410's run at 2300.
>
> "mustangGT_00" > wrote in message
> lkaboutautos.com...
> > First, thank you guys for being a big help. I got a 2000 GT conv. with

the

Old May 2nd 05, 01:15 AM
Richard

And I run at about 2600 rpm @ 70 mph with the 4:10's w/ an AODE.

--
Richard

'94 GT 'vert
Under Drive Pulleys
Transgo HD2 Reprogramming Kit
High Stall Torque Converter
4:10 Gears
Gripp Sub Frame Connectors (welded)
FRPP Aluminum Drive shaft
FRPP M5400-A Suspension
Laser Red

Old May 2nd 05, 06:43 AM
mustangGT_00

Guys, I just got more confused, i see ppl supporting the 3.73, while others
going with the 4.10. I'm kinda crazy when driving and drive often over 75
mph. by the way, what's the stock in 2000 Gt, coz that might help me
choose. thnx

Old May 2nd 05, 06:45 AM

If you're kinda crazy when driving then get whatever you want, but stay the
**** away from me.

-Mike

Old May 2nd 05, 07:48 AM
Greg Peck

Should be 327's with alot of bog down in 5th with the Tremac.

Old May 2nd 05, 09:06 AM

Tremec dude.

-Mike

Old May 2nd 05, 02:57 PM
SVTKate

Mine is pretty close to that too Mike...

As our poster can see there are MANY different opinions on this subject. He
will just have to choose what he thinks is best for his own application.

I like my 3:73's, if I had it to do over again, I would do the same thing.
They have enough torque to send me sideways in second gear, and that's
enough for me.

Kate

Old May 2nd 05, 03:00 PM
SVTKate

See, I like top end too, so I went with the 3.73s.
Off the mark 4.10s may be more beneficial for 1/4 mile runs, but to ME I
like to hit 100+, and I like to do it as often as I can get away with it.
Again, your mileage may differ But this is the primary reason I chose the
gears I have.

Kate

Old May 2nd 05, 03:00 PM
SVTKate

Kate<<<<< gets real close to Mike , just to make him nervous

.. .

Old May 2nd 05, 05:01 PM
Mark C.

Get 3.73s for a manual and 3.55 for an auto.

--
Mark
--

ink.net...

Rear gears mustangGT_00 Ford Mustang 0 April 28th 05 11:15 PM
Rear Tire wear Question [email protected] Mazda 5 December 21st 04 04:52 AM
Rear main seal question Jack Dannenberg Mazda 1 December 5th 04 11:54 PM