04 Civic EX Changing Radio Stations by Itself

Old January 5th 08, 07:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
[email protected]

Default 04 Civic EX Changing Radio Stations by Itself

Hi I'm wondering if anyone else is having this wierd problem. The
stock radio in my civi is changing stations by itself, it will only go
up or down one "click", but noone is anywhere near it when it
happens. I took it to the dealer, and they put a new radio in, but
it's still doing it. I am having no other electrical issues. Any
ideas??

Thanks!

Reese
Old January 6th 08, 10:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
JM[_1_]

> wrote in message
> Hi I'm wondering if anyone else is having this wierd problem. The
> stock radio in my civi is changing stations by itself, it will only go
> up or down one "click", but noone is anywhere near it when it
> happens. I took it to the dealer, and they put a new radio in, but
> it's still doing it. I am having no other electrical issues. Any
> ideas??

Do you have steering wheel contols for tuning the radio?

Old January 7th 08, 09:59 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
[email protected]

On Jan 6, 4:45*pm, "JM" > wrote:
> > wrote in message

> > Hi *I'm wondering if anyone else is having this wierd problem. *The
> > stock radio in my civi is changing stations by itself, it will only go
> > up or down one "click", but noone is anywhere near it when it
> > happens. *I took it to the dealer, and they put a new radio in, but
> > it's still doing it. *I am having no other electrical issues. Any
> > ideas??

> Do you have steering wheel contols for tuning the radio?

Nope. Just the stock CD player that came with it, no steering
controls, or remotes.
Old January 8th 08, 01:41 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
[email protected]

On Jan 7, 9:22*am, motsco_ > wrote:
> wrote:
> > Hi *I'm wondering if anyone else is having this wierd problem. *The
> > stock radio in my civi is changing stations by itself, it will only go
> > up or down one "click", but noone is anywhere near it when it
> > happens. *I took it to the dealer, and they put a new radio in, but
> > it's still doing it. *I am having no other electrical issues. Any
> > ideas??

> > Thanks!

> > Reese

> ---------------------------
>
> CR-V's have been doing it too. Apparently the solution is to change the
> radio. There's probably some 'goodwill' coverage. Do some more homework
> and then call your dealer and act like you know all about the problem.
> Ask him to find out what will be done for you. Don't get nasty.
>
> 'Curly'

OK, well since they already gave me another radio, I'll doubt they'll
give me another one. Thanks anyway

Set Radio Clock and Stations AC Delcon Radio Older Car [email protected] Technology 0 July 29th 06 08:43 PM
Installing Alpine CDM-s620 and civic 99 radio/headunit in 90 civic wagon Theodore Chan Honda 2 April 21st 05 03:34 AM
Changing my radio Rochester VW water cooled 8 January 19th 05 07:23 PM
Changing the radio Andy Heer BMW 4 December 21st 04 02:49 AM
A6-98: Changing from 1 DIN to 2 DIN radio Bent S. Lund Audi 1 August 25th 04 05:26 PM