Get your kicks on Route 366

Old June 19th 07, 07:36 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Carl ROGÉRS

Default Get your kicks on Route 366

Hi All,

Starting from the Swift Trail Junction at US Federal Route 191, Arizona
State Route 366 forms a path best described as a "squiggly V". On departure
from its oriental terminus, this less-traveled line of pavement bumps up in
elevation en route to Hurricane Pass:

http://worldwide-hwys.calrog.com/az-366.html

Take a drive along this route and experience a subset of green flora that
Graham County offers. Mount Graham and the Mount Graham International
Observatory both compliment the rustic scenery.

Highway photographs are what the Worldwide Highway Library is all about.
Coverage includes three continents, including three North American countries
and three Mexican states. (For those in the know, the Library's coverage is
enough to make a walnut crack and express emotion! LOL.)

Enjoy!

Cheers,

Carl Rogers
"Adding human experience to highway enthusiasm"
********
Calrog.com, http://www.calrog.com :
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
An integrated media arm in Turn-of-the-Century PC Development, International
Highway Research, and Interpersonal Psychology. Has served your home
country and ninety-seven of its worldwide neighbours since 2000, through
Internet downstream and published works.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/calrog
********

Old June 19th 07, 07:40 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Sherman L. Cahal

On Jun 19, 2:36 pm, "Carl Rogers" > wrote:

>(For those in the know, the Library's coverage is
> enough to make a walnut crack and express emotion! LOL.)

Huh? What are you now, Dan Rather?

Old June 19th 07, 07:50 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
necromancer

Carl Rogers:
> Hi All,
>
> Starting from the Swift Trail Junction at US Federal Route 191, Arizona
> State Route 366 forms a path best described as a "squiggly V". On departure
> from its oriental terminus, this less-traveled line of pavement bumps up in
> elevation en route to Hurricane Pass:
>
> http://worldwide-hwys.calrog.com/az-366.html
>
> Take a drive along this route and experience a subset of green flora that
> Graham County offers. Mount Graham and the Mount Graham International
> Observatory both compliment the rustic scenery.

Just out of curiosity, why don't you include this description on the
image page? Also, I know you had to take more than one picture while you
were exploring this road - I find it inconcievable that you expended
such resources just to take one picture. Why not include more pictures
of the road to give us a better presentation than just one picture of a
sign? For example, pictures of the plant life, Mt. Graham and the
Observatory would help.

<< snip >>

--
"They *buy* it??? If they'll buy poison, they'll buy anything.
<predatory smile> I think I'm going to like it here...."
Old June 19th 07, 10:56 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Dave P

On Jun 19, 2:50 pm, necromancer
> wrote:
> krl rgrz:
>
> > Take a drive along this route and experience a subset of green flora that
> > Graham County offers. Mount Graham and the Mount Graham International
> > Observatory both compliment the rustic scenery.

> Just out of curiosity, why don't you include this description on the
> image page? Also, I know you had to take more than one picture while you
> were exploring this road - I find it inconcievable that you expended
> such resources just to take one picture. Why not include more pictures
> of the road to give us a better presentation than just one picture of a
> sign? For example, pictures of the plant life, Mt. Graham and the
> Observatory would help.

That's East Coast groupthink, don'tcha know.

Old June 20th 07, 01:15 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
EAST COAST HIVE MIND

Dave P wrote:

> On Jun 19, 2:50 pm, necromancer
> > wrote:
>> krl rgrz:
>>
>> > Take a drive along this route and experience a subset of green flora
>> > that
>> > Graham County offers. Mount Graham and the Mount Graham International
>> > Observatory both compliment the rustic scenery.

>> Just out of curiosity, why don't you include this description on the
>> image page? Also, I know you had to take more than one picture while you
>> were exploring this road - I find it inconcievable that you expended
>> such resources just to take one picture. Why not include more pictures
>> of the road to give us a better presentation than just one picture of a
>> sign? For example, pictures of the plant life, Mt. Graham and the
>> Observatory would help.
>>

> That's East Coast groupthink, don'tcha know.

No, No, No. It's been upgraded to the EAST COAST HIVE MIND, which sounds way
cooler and more sinister!

--
Comrade Otto Yamamoto
http://mryamamoto.50megs.com
Old June 20th 07, 01:56 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Justin Rhodes

On Jun 19, 11:36 am, "Carl Rogers" > wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Starting from the Swift Trail Junction at US Federal Route 191, Arizona
> State Route 366 forms a path best described as a "squiggly V". On departure
> from its oriental terminus, this less-traveled line of pavement bumps up in
> elevation en route to Hurricane Pass:

Nice to see you're covering the part of AZ where I'm aoriginally from,
but get your facts straight. There is no hurricane pass on Mount
Graham.

Old June 20th 07, 12:29 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
John F. Carr

In article .com>,
Sherman L. Cahal > wrote:
>On Jun 19, 2:36 pm, "Carl Rogers" > wrote:
>
>>(For those in the know, the Library's coverage is
>> enough to make a walnut crack and express emotion! LOL.)

>Huh? What are you now, Dan Rather?

Most of the walnuts I see expressing emotion after being cracked
are screaming "please don't eat me!"

But the squirrels are happy.

--
John Carr )
Old June 20th 07, 06:47 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
John Mayson

On Tue, 19 Jun 2007, Justin Rhodes wrote:

> On Jun 19, 11:36 am, "Carl Rogers" > wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Starting from the Swift Trail Junction at US Federal Route 191, Arizona
>> State Route 366 forms a path best described as a "squiggly V". On departure
>> from its oriental terminus, this less-traveled line of pavement bumps up in
>> elevation en route to Hurricane Pass:

> Nice to see you're covering the part of AZ where I'm aoriginally from,
> but get your facts straight. There is no hurricane pass on Mount
> Graham.

How many hurricanes, on average, does Arizona get? :-)

--
John Mayson >
Austin, Texas, USA
Old June 20th 07, 06:47 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
John Mayson

On Tue, 19 Jun 2007, Sherman L. Cahal wrote:

> On Jun 19, 2:36 pm, "Carl Rogers" > wrote:
>
>> (For those in the know, the Library's coverage is
>> enough to make a walnut crack and express emotion! LOL.)

> Huh? What are you now, Dan Rather?

I laughed harder than a sentimentary rock in a river bed in July.

--
John Mayson >
Austin, Texas, USA
Old June 20th 07, 07:26 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Andrew Tompkins

John Mayson wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Jun 2007, Justin Rhodes wrote:
>
>> On Jun 19, 11:36 am, "Carl Rogers" > wrote:
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> Starting from the Swift Trail Junction at US Federal Route 191, Arizona
>>> State Route 366 forms a path best described as a "squiggly V". On
>>> departure
>>> from its oriental terminus, this less-traveled line of pavement bumps
>>> up in
>>> elevation en route to Hurricane Pass:

>> Nice to see you're covering the part of AZ where I'm aoriginally from,
>> but get your facts straight. There is no hurricane pass on Mount
>> Graham.

> How many hurricanes, on average, does Arizona get? :-)

You'd be surprised, although they're almost always remnants of
hurricanes by the time they reach AZ.

--
--Andy