The Main Use For V1 Arrows

Old January 14th 05, 04:27 AM

Default The Main Use For V1 Arrows

I just read this account of the V1 and it's "mind blowing arrows" at
www.radardetector.net. It was so funny I had to post it here.

TRUE STORY:

I have a story about the V1 and the usefulness of the arrows too. My
uncle drive a 98 Trans Am w 30 or something like that. All I know is
the damned thing is faster than greased lightening and handles very
well at high speed. He usually drives about 95 mph on turnpikes and
interstates.

He knew I was a radar detector user for years and he asked my opinion
of what was worth having. Of course I told him it's just like anything
else. You get what you pay for...up to a point. "Don't buy a $49
detector! " I said.

Anyway I told him the only ones I'd seriously consider would be a BEL
RX65, Escort x50 or maybe a V1. My opinion after 25 years plus of using
RDs says the V1 is a great detector but is over rated and over priced.
My suggestion was one of the other two because NO radar detector is
foolproof and I believe in bang for the buck.

Well he has to have the biggest...baddest...most expensive of
everything. It's some sort of ego/big dick mentality with him. I think
he's going through a mid life crisis.

So we were cruising up the Will Rogers Turnpike (I-44) going to Joplin
to look at a bike. He was running 95 to 100 mph and the V1 was dead
quite. The thing never falses. We came flying over this rise and the V1
went full alert on Ka the arrow pointed ^. The bogie counter show a big
fat uno (1)on the display. Unc slammed the brakes on but it was too
late. An instant later (maybe one second) the arrows on the almighty V1
went < > as we passed the OHP trooper on the side of the road. There
was no lag in the arrow display. The arrow indicator was smooth and
responsive showing the exact location of the adversary. Then the arrow
pointed v as the OHP trooper pulled in behind us getting up to speed to
catch us and give Unc a big fat ticket! He clocked him at 89 mph. DAMN
those arrows were AWESOME! Because of those arrows we never had any
doubt of the direction the money would be flowing.

Old January 14th 05, 03:08 PM

Does your uncle have "Camaro hair"?

Old January 14th 05, 03:08 PM

Does your uncle have "Camaro hair"?

Old January 15th 05, 07:27 AM
Brent P

In article >, Paul Hovnanian P.E. wrote:

> Has anyone looked into building a sniffer for these r.f. signals? One
> wouldn't need to decrypt the content, only detect its presence (although
> one system that broadcasts GPS car locations might be interesting). Then
> you'd have an alarm for law enforcement in the vicinity, even if they
> were just pacing people or using a stopwatch.

Time to write up your patent application!