Drive by Wire problem fixed by chipping?

Old July 14th 04, 02:31 PM
Troy Bruder

Default Drive by Wire problem fixed by chipping?

Anyone able to resolve the "drive by wire" hesitation problems in Audi's by
chipping it??

Troy "Desperately looking for a good solution!"

Old July 14th 04, 06:39 PM
Pete

"Troy Bruder" wrote
> Anyone able to resolve the "drive by wire" hesitation problems in

Audi's by
> chipping it??
>
> Troy "Desperately looking for a good solution!"

Nope. Chipping does not solve the problem. If you have ESP, you may
want to turn it off - it helps a little bit in this case, at least for
me.

Cheers,

Pete

Old July 14th 04, 07:17 PM
Troy Bruder

I'll try it.. Any way to permanently disable ESP?

Old July 14th 04, 07:38 PM
Pete

"Troy Bruder" wrote

> I'll try it.. Any way to permanently disable ESP?

I've read on AudiWorld that it's possible to recode the ECU (with a
VAG-COM tool) so that the ESP is permanently off, but I don't know of
anyone who's actually tried it. You'd basically have to enter a code
for a non-ESP equipped car. In 2001 (mine) A4s came with and without
ESP. However, starting in 2002 (B6) they all come with ESP standard, so
I'm not even sure what the code would be for a non-ESP version since
such thing did not exist...

Cheers,

Pete