95 saturn SL2, stepping on the break pedal, it goes in soft and deep into the floor...

Old March 6th 05, 12:27 AM
John Doe

Default 95 saturn SL2, stepping on the break pedal, it goes in soft and deep into the floor...

I just got the new rotor and new break pad installed but the break pedal
stills feels
soft and goes in deep. It feels like the pressure isn't building up when I
step on the break pedal.

Any thoughts?

Old March 6th 05, 12:46 AM
Shawn

If the break peddal goes low, it's the back breaks that need the work. It's
the back breaks that gives you the height in the pedal. Maybe air in the
lines, that will make the breaks spongey. But again, its the rear breaks
that need adjusting.

Old March 6th 05, 12:50 AM
Michael Savick

When I step on the break pedal, i hear the clunk in the front wheels... I
wonder what's going on...
It almost sounds like me hitting the rotor with a hammer. Mechanic doesn't
seem to know
what's going on...

Old March 6th 05, 05:20 AM
Kevin M. Keller

"John Doe" > typed until their fingers bled, and came
up with:

> I just got the new rotor and new break pad installed but the break
> pedal stills feels
> soft and goes in deep. It feels like the pressure isn't building up
> when I step on the break pedal.
>
> Any thoughts?

My 1st thought is that it is BRAKES not BREAKS. OK - now that I've got
that out of my system...

Bleed the brakes.

--
Visit the Saturn Performance Club - http://www.saturnperformanceclub.com
Old March 6th 05, 04:45 PM
Shawn

That's funny
I never picked up on that \
brakes
breaks
lol

Old March 6th 05, 05:15 PM
David Teichholtz

"Shawn" > wrote in message
> If the break peddal goes low, it's the back breaks that need the work.

It's
> the back breaks that gives you the height in the pedal. Maybe air in the
> lines, that will make the breaks spongey. But again, its the rear breaks
> that need adjusting.

That is what I had thought a while ago also. I went nuts trying to get the
rear brakes on my 95 SW1 adjusted.
It turned out that the real problem was that one of the calipers was hung up
on the bolts on which it slides. When
I tried to remove the caliper, the bolt broke off in the mount. $5 and 10
minutes at the junk yard got me
a new mount and bolts, I tossed in new pads and the brakes have been fine
for about a year.

-David