GT creator talks about Gran Turismo 5

Old March 1st 05, 11:43 PM
NEXT BOX

Default GT creator talks about Gran Turismo 5

the creator of the Gran Turismo games speaks briefly about Gran Turismo 5.

http://www.gamefront.de/

" Kazunori Yamauchi speaks about Gran Turismo 5 01.03.05 - In the European
Limited edition of Gran Turismo 4 producer Kazunori Yamauchi in the enclosed
book ' Driving The Game ' also about Gran Turismo 5 for PlayStation3 spoke.
' we are confronted at present with the lack of achievement in nahzu each
segment.

Therefore I hope the fact that the PlayStation3 increases the achievement
within all ranges by hundredfold opposite which today is available ', so
Yamauchi. One can improve all things on the new hardware, but Yamauchi wants
to put a special emphasis on the ' human element ' in the play. It is
conscious itself that nature in the environment looks desert resources of
the PS2 limited by Gran Turismo 4 a little due to: Thus driver in most cars
is missing and the spectators works rather woodenly. The damage model in
Gran Turismo 5, confirmed already before, is addressed likewise briefly to
call however without details. "

http://www.gamefront.de/

So, to summarize the Babelfish-ish:

-Damage Confirmed for GT5 (once more)
-They want to work on improving the "human" element - i.e. crowds/drivers.
(What about AI!?)
-They think the improvements between each segment "lacks achievement."

They hope with PS3 they can increase the improvements in all ranges "one
hundred fold.

Old March 2nd 05, 12:42 AM
Dave Henrie

"NEXT BOX" > wrote in
:

> the creator of the Gran Turismo games speaks briefly about Gran
> Turismo 5.
>
> http://www.gamefront.de/

In other words he details all the things that will be pulled out 2 years
from now when it's a year overdue?

dave henrie
Old March 2nd 05, 02:08 AM
Steve Mackie

"How about finishing GT4 before you talk about the next one."

Old March 2nd 05, 03:06 AM

NEXT BOX wrote:

> So, to summarize the Babelfish-ish:
>
> -Damage Confirmed for GT5 (once more)
> -They want to work on improving the "human" element - i.e.

crowds/drivers.
> (What about AI!?)
> -They think the improvements between each segment "lacks

achievement."

Give him time. He has promised to put AI in every game he's developed.
It's never going to happen, but he'll mention it sooner or later.

Old March 3rd 05, 01:27 PM
Dan Leach

Gran Tourismo, arcade game for console kiddies... i thought this was r.a.S

Old March 3rd 05, 01:28 PM
Jay J

No kidding! GT4's shaking screen bug, lack of online multi-player, and the
fact that the NA version apparently isn 't going to have as many cars/tracks
as the Euro version certainly makes me feel cheated!

GT5 is going to have to be something truly special or I won't waste my $50
on it, that's for sure!

Old March 3rd 05, 01:33 PM

Dan Leach wrote:
> Gran Tourismo, arcade game for console kiddies... i thought this was

r.a.S

And Gran Turismo simulates what?

Old March 3rd 05, 01:36 PM
Dan Leach

> wrote in message
ups.com...

> Dan Leach wrote:
> > Gran Tourismo, arcade game for console kiddies... i thought this was

> r.a.S
> >

> And Gran Turismo simulates what?

A universe where physics dont really apply properly

Old March 3rd 05, 02:03 PM
Steve Mackie

> A universe where physics dont really apply properly

Ya know, I read a lot of people saying the "physics suck", the physics
aren't even close to realistic. I have yet to see ANYONE say the "physics
suck because..." and come up with a valid reason. One guy said because when
you brake late coming into a turn and stand on the brakes you should still
be able to go around the turn if you have ABS and not slide off into the
grass. This is obviously NOT true. Go ahead, try it in real life.

Steve

Old March 4th 05, 02:59 AM
Dave

Hey, I've bitched and moaned about GT4 as much as anyone else.
But you have to try the 'Ring in the games version of your own
car, or the Mulsanne straight at 230+ in the Nissan GT car before
you write this one off! Disappointments and all, this is still a
terrific ride!