Alfa 147 2.0 Low Mileage Servicing

Old June 7th 04, 10:52 AM
Steve Lupton

Default Alfa 147 2.0 Low Mileage Servicing

Hi

We have a 147 2.0 which is coming up to one year old.

It has done only 5870 miles. When we tried to book it in to the dealer, they
told us it didn't need servicing until it had done the mileage -
irrespective of the age.

In the handbook, it recommends an alternative servicing schedule for low
mileage vehicles.

The dealer has offered to do the first service for Ł180 inc VAT which seems
about right.

Do we need the first service though, or do we just need an oil and filter
change, or do we do nothing until it reaches the right mileage?

Many thanks for any advice.

Regards,

Steve

Old June 7th 04, 11:28 AM
Pete

On Mon, 7 Jun 2004 10:52:59 +0100, "Steve Lupton" <reverse.ku.oc.erc@ls>,
wrote:

>Hi
>
>We have a 147 2.0 which is coming up to one year old.
>
>It has done only 5870 miles. When we tried to book it in to the dealer, they
>told us it didn't need servicing until it had done the mileage -
>irrespective of the age.
>
>In the handbook, it recommends an alternative servicing schedule for low
>mileage vehicles.
>
>The dealer has offered to do the first service for Ł180 inc VAT which seems
>about right.
>
>Do we need the first service though, or do we just need an oil and filter
>change, or do we do nothing until it reaches the right mileage?
>
>Many thanks for any advice.
>
>Regards,
>
>Steve

Both of our cars are low-milage. They have been serviced as per the
handbook recommendation for low-milleage. ie. Annually.
IMHO what is the point of saving the service cost, compared to the
vehicle cost. I am protecting my investment.

Pete
--

156 2.0 TS (2001) - Proteo Rosso (his)
147 2.0 TS (2002) - Gem Green (her's)
Old June 7th 04, 12:54 PM
Steve Lupton

"Pete" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 7 Jun 2004 10:52:59 +0100, "Steve Lupton" <reverse.ku.oc.erc@ls>,
> wrote:
>
> Both of our cars are low-milage. They have been serviced as per the
> handbook recommendation for low-milleage. ie. Annually.
> IMHO what is the point of saving the service cost, compared to the
> vehicle cost. I am protecting my investment.

I couldn't agree more. We were surprised that the dealer tried to put us off
having the service - that was what prompted my query.

Thanks,

Steve

Old June 7th 04, 08:37 PM
Tom

Steve,

Check the warranty too - most warranties have a clause in to say that they
must be serviced to their schedule irrespective of their mileage.
Tom

---

Old June 16th 04, 08:31 PM
DJ

I am pretty certain that if you don't get your car serviced either after 12
months (+/- a month) or at the stated mileage (12,000) then you will
invalidate your warrenty. That's how I understand it.

DJ

Old June 17th 04, 01:53 PM
Pete

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 20:31:15 +0100, "DJ" >, wrote:

>I am pretty certain that if you don't get your car serviced either after 12
>months (+/- a month) or at the stated mileage (12,000) then you will
>invalidate your warrenty. That's how I understand it.

That is what my owner's handbooks say too <G>

Pete

Alfa Speedometer rob Alfa Romeo 1 June 4th 04 09:48 PM
Alfa 164 ABS Warning D & J Merrylees Alfa Romeo 0 May 24th 04 07:37 AM
Light at the end of the tunnel for UK Alfa drivers?? Alfistagj Alfa Romeo 0 May 22nd 04 11:08 AM
Giulietta e Nuova 147 Plug-in Bourne Alfa Romeo 0 May 13th 04 01:16 PM
Alfa Romeo meeting in Kraków Marek M. Alfa Romeo 0 May 7th 04 08:32 PM