Left lane slow pokes now illegal in Illinois!

Old September 17th 04, 05:54 PM
Diode

Default Left lane slow pokes now illegal in Illinois!

Really. No joke. Here's the article:
http://fleetowner.com/ar/fleet_no_left_lane/
OK "dave", get the hell out of the left lane or get a ticket. Let's
hope that this law migrates to other states. Bout damn time too...
--

Shut up, Dave.

-|>|- Diode -|<|-
'68 L-79 Coupe
'79 Triumph Bonneville
Old September 18th 04, 02:12 AM
Robotron Tom

Diode started a controversy when he said... :

> Really. No joke. Here's the article:
> http://fleetowner.com/ar/fleet_no_left_lane/
> OK "dave", get the hell out of the left lane or get a ticket. Let's
> hope that this law migrates to other states. Bout damn time too...

YES YES YES!!!!!

Damn...I'm in Indiana.

--
Robotron Tom *remove nospam to email*
See the Flashback Arcade at: http:// www.arcadeguy.net

Standing for right when it is unpopular is a true test of moral
character.
-M. Smith
Old September 18th 04, 02:12 AM
Robotron Tom

Old September 18th 04, 02:34 AM
Marty

"Diode" > wrote in message
et...
> Really. No joke. Here's the article:
> http://fleetowner.com/ar/fleet_no_left_lane/
> OK "dave", get the hell out of the left lane or get a ticket. Let's hope
> that this law migrates to other states. Bout damn time too...
> --
>
> Shut up, Dave.
>
> -|>|- Diode -|<|-
> '68 L-79 Coupe
> '79 Triumph Bonneville

Well,
Let's see what IL.does with it. The "slowpoke" law has been in effect
sometime now in MO.
The history shows that Corvettes,Mustangs et' all are being ticketed for
speeding.
Blue Hairs in Lincolns, Caddies, and Mercury Marquis doing 53mph in the left
lane in a 70mph zone, nada, Zip, NOTHING!
I welcome any verifiable truth to the contrary.

In defense of the IL.Troopers I will say that I got pulled over by one.
After some banter, I said "everyone was speeding" he said "Yea,but you were
passing em'"
I shut up and signed the warning.
Marty

Old September 18th 04, 02:34 AM
Marty

et...

Old September 18th 04, 02:58 AM
Virgil Hilts

The law was enacted because of Wisconsin drivers who never go over 55MPH
(even if it is posted 65) and never leave the left hand lane. Wisconsin
drivers drive 55MPH and swear at Illinois drivers in their own state, for
going too fast!

In Wisconsin drivers ed classes, they never teach the concept of, slower
traffic keep right...

Old September 18th 04, 03:25 AM
Rufio

"Virgil Hilts" > wrote in message
> The law was enacted because of Wisconsin drivers who never go over 55MPH
> (even if it is posted 65) and never leave the left hand lane. Wisconsin
> drivers drive 55MPH and swear at Illinois drivers in their own state, for
> going too fast!
>
> In Wisconsin drivers ed classes, they never teach the concept of, slower
> traffic keep right...

Isn't there a "causing an obstruction" law for that, already ? I don't have
a major problem with the concept- except where the slower driver is already
doing the limit (OK 5-10 over), and someone is behind them. Some years ago,
I had to get down South (in the UK). So I was on the M1 (main N/S drag in
England) & was on my FZR600, doing about 120 in the extreme right lane (i.e.
same as the extreme left lane in the UK). I suddenly found myself tailgated
by an M5 with headlights flashing & horn going & fist shaking etc. I let him
go & saw him later - looked like he was being escorted to the local lock-up
:-) So, if I'm out in my C-5 & someone wants to go faster, I let them go
find all the speed traps for me :-).

Old September 18th 04, 03:25 AM
Rufio

Old September 18th 04, 04:03 AM
TF

I had the pleasure of driving on highways in France this year and it was so
cool.
No one, not a soul ever, spent more than the time to quickly pass in the
fast lane .
They even managed to figure out three lanes, using slow in right, fast in
middle and pass in left, without a problem.
No body waits on anyone.
TF