Disc Brake Conversion on C2

Old June 22nd 05, 04:11 AM
PDDeen

The only thing I remember that hindered the change was the emergency
brake cable bracket on the trailing arm. Had to cut it off from front
side of arm and move it to the top. The track on a disc brake car is
slightly wider, 1/2 - 3/4", than drums.

Good luck with the change, it will amaze you.

Paul Deen

Old June 22nd 05, 06:06 AM
Tom in Missouri

Oh, you want an emergency brake? Half of them in disc brakes don't work, or
at least not enough to ever stop you.

If you have a '64, it is easy. The pulley setup is the same as '65 and '66
on the front half and you need to get the rear cable for the '65 or '66.

For a '63, you have to do some creative changing.

oups.com...

Old June 22nd 05, 01:55 PM
StingRay

"Kickstart" > wrote in message
news
>> Thanks for the link Kickstart. I went right through VB&P's website but
>> couldn't find any conversion kits for a '63. I'll call them tomorrow to
>> see if they have one. I suspect that Tom in Missouri is right when he
>> says that the '63 & '64 were put together a bit differently.

> I didn't see any direct matches either , a call should do it.
> I'd be willing to bet they know what to do, first hand. I've been changing
> over the suspension on my 79 and updating the brakes as necessary (as
> money and time allow)
>
> kickstart

Kickstart, I called VB&P yesterday and they didn't have any conversion kits
for the '63. They knew all about the Stainless Steel & Brake Corp. kit
though and said that it is an excellent kit because it has great stopping
power and is a direct bolt-in. I've placed my order. Thanks to everyone for
the great advice and feedback. - StingRay

Old June 22nd 05, 05:34 PM
Kickstart

I called VB&P yesterday and they didn't have any conversion kits
> for the '63. They knew all about the Stainless Steel & Brake Corp. kit
> though and said that it is an excellent kit because it has great stopping
> power and is a direct bolt-in. I've placed my order. Thanks to everyone
> for the great advice and feedback. - StingRay

damn nice of them to recommend and approve of something they don't even
sell.
Must be OK guys
Glad you came out good
Kickstart