I feel better now

Old June 21st 05, 11:30 PM
MarkK

Default I feel better now

I've sent my 3 pictures of "IT" to the Top Gear Carbage page (good
suggestion Pete:-):
http://www.topgear.com/content/fun_stuff/carbage/0/

Next a stern letter to the AROC club magazine editor suggesting that we
expel the owner for exceptionally poor taste and bringing the marque into
disrepute.

Mark

Old June 22nd 05, 06:46 AM
Catman

MarkK wrote:

> I've sent my 3 pictures of "IT" to the Top Gear Carbage page (good
> suggestion Pete:-):
> http://www.topgear.com/content/fun_stuff/carbage/0/
>
> Next a stern letter to the AROC club magazine editor suggesting that we
> expel the owner for exceptionally poor taste and bringing the marque into
> disrepute.

If you need any counter-signatories(sp)
Alfa 116 Giulietta 3.0l (Really) Sprint 1.7 75 TS 156 TS S2
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Old June 22nd 05, 11:46 AM
Graeme Cosgrove

Catman wrote:
> MarkK wrote:
>

>>I've sent my 3 pictures of "IT" to the Top Gear Carbage page (good
>>suggestion Pete:-):
>>http://www.topgear.com/content/fun_stuff/carbage/0/
>>
>>Next a stern letter to the AROC club magazine editor suggesting that we
>>expel the owner for exceptionally poor taste and bringing the marque into
>>disrepute.

> If you need any counter-signatories(sp)

It's not to my tatste either but aren't you being a bit "elitist" about
it?

"...bringing the marque into disrepute..." c'mon!!! Please tell me
you're joking?

156 2.0 Veloce - bog standard; no spoilers, no air damns and no big bore
exhaust (and have you noticed how "big bore" works on both levels?)
Old June 22nd 05, 12:44 PM
Pete

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 11:46:52 +0100, Graeme Cosgrove
>, wrote:

>"...bringing the marque into disrepute..." c'mon!!! Please tell me
>you're joking?

There was nothing funny about "that" car <ROFLOMAO>

>156 2.0 Veloce - bog standard; no spoilers, no air damns and no big bore
>exhaust (and have you noticed how "big bore" works on both levels?)

My big bore is factory fitted by Alfa as a standard part of my car :-?

Pete
--

156 2.0 TS (2001) - Proteo Rosso
Old June 22nd 05, 01:02 PM
Catman

Graeme Cosgrove wrote:

> Catman wrote:
>> MarkK wrote:
>>

>>>I've sent my 3 pictures of "IT" to the Top Gear Carbage page (good
>>>suggestion Pete:-):
>>>http://www.topgear.com/content/fun_stuff/carbage/0/
>>>
>>>Next a stern letter to the AROC club magazine editor suggesting that we
>>>expel the owner for exceptionally poor taste and bringing the marque into
>>>disrepute.

>> If you need any counter-signatories(sp)

> It's not to my tatste either but aren't you being a bit "elitist" about
> it?
>
> "...bringing the marque into disrepute..." c'mon!!! Please tell me
> you're joking?

Well, I'm certainly mostly joking. *I* think it's hideous, but it's not my
car. You should also bear in mind that I think the Giulietta is a great
looking car, and the pram handle looks good on my 156......

Old June 22nd 05, 01:11 PM
Graeme Cosgrove

Pete wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 11:46:52 +0100, Graeme Cosgrove
> >, wrote:
>

>>"...bringing the marque into disrepute..." c'mon!!! Please tell me
>>you're joking?

> There was nothing funny about "that" car <ROFLOMAO>

>>156 2.0 Veloce - bog standard; no spoilers, no air damns and no big bore
>>exhaust (and have you noticed how "big bore" works on both levels?)

> My big bore is factory fitted by Alfa as a standard part of my car :-?
>
> Pete

I must have one as well...!

Old June 22nd 05, 03:40 PM
Zathras

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 22:30:32 +0000 (UTC), "MarkK"
> wrote:

>I've sent my 3 pictures of "IT" to the Top Gear Carbage page (good
>suggestion Pete:-):
>http://www.topgear.com/content/fun_stuff/carbage/0/
>
>Next a stern letter to the AROC club magazine editor suggesting that we
>expel the owner for exceptionally poor taste and bringing the marque into
>disrepute.

Don't forget to submit http://www.barryboys.co.uk ;-) Indeed, it's a
shame you didn't get one of their calling cards to put under his
windscreen wiper - after all, it's just possible that he still thinks
it's a little beauty!

Scotland
Alfa Romeo 156 2.4JTD Veloce Leather
'Oil' be seeing you..
(Email without 'Alfa' in subject are auto-deleted..sorry!)
Old June 22nd 05, 04:37 PM
Graeme Cosgrove

Zathras wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 22:30:32 +0000 (UTC), "MarkK"
> > wrote:
>

>>I've sent my 3 pictures of "IT" to the Top Gear Carbage page (good
>>suggestion Pete:-):
>>http://www.topgear.com/content/fun_stuff/carbage/0/
>>
>>Next a stern letter to the AROC club magazine editor suggesting that we
>>expel the owner for exceptionally poor taste and bringing the marque into
>>disrepute.

> Don't forget to submit http://www.barryboys.co.uk ;-) Indeed, it's a
> shame you didn't get one of their calling cards to put under his
> windscreen wiper - after all, it's just possible that he still thinks
> it's a little beauty!

What a site - examples of "vehicles"(?) that's bringing the species into
disrepute...
Old June 22nd 05, 06:29 PM
Zathras

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 16:37:21 +0100, Graeme Cosgrove
> wrote:

>Zathras wrote:
>> On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 22:30:32 +0000 (UTC), "MarkK"
>> > wrote:
>>

>>>I've sent my 3 pictures of "IT" to the Top Gear Carbage page (good
>>>suggestion Pete:-):
>>>http://www.topgear.com/content/fun_stuff/carbage/0/
>>>
>>>Next a stern letter to the AROC club magazine editor suggesting that we
>>>expel the owner for exceptionally poor taste and bringing the marque into
>>>disrepute.

>> Don't forget to submit http://www.barryboys.co.uk ;-) Indeed, it's a
>> shame you didn't get one of their calling cards to put under his
>> windscreen wiper - after all, it's just possible that he still thinks
>> it's a little beauty!
>>

>What a site - examples of "vehicles"(?) that's bringing the species into
>disrepute...

Yeah! My favourite was the *Ferrari* (really a crap Fiat Cinqecento) -
it's such a great site to browse through when you're feeling low. It's
also a site where the saying *each to his own* is brutally
demonstrated as, for that matter, is *in the eye of the beholder*.

Old June 22nd 05, 10:59 PM
MarkK

"Graeme Cosgrove" > wrote in message
> Catman wrote:
> > MarkK wrote:
> >

> >>I've sent my 3 pictures of "IT" to the Top Gear Carbage page (good
> >>suggestion Pete:-):
> >>http://www.topgear.com/content/fun_stuff/carbage/0/
> >>
> >>Next a stern letter to the AROC club magazine editor suggesting that we
> >>expel the owner for exceptionally poor taste and bringing the marque

into
> >>disrepute.

> > If you need any counter-signatories(sp)

> It's not to my tatste either but aren't you being a bit "elitist" about
> it?

What's wrong with a bit of elitism? What's wrong with this country is that
it constantly panders to the lowest common denominator, hence we have to
endure The Sun, Big Brother, Eastenders, Celebrity you name it; the list
goes on. Chavs everywhere. It's time for decent people with good taste to
stand up and be counted.

> "...bringing the marque into disrepute..." c'mon!!! Please tell me
> you're joking?

Certainly not.

Mark