anyone interested in a oval baja

Old October 29th 04, 06:43 PM
Kafertoys

Default anyone interested in a oval baja

I was thinking of takeing the 56 oval I just got and making a baja out of it.
The rockers are in good shape but the car has lots of rust and the nose and
rear apron are real bad. Just the idea I can drop the body on a titled 69
chassis (IRS) and put the oval back on the road. If someone was interested with
this Idea I will start on it soon and have it road worthy in time to play in
the snow,

What do you think Shaggie, por 15 the surface rust, tye coat primer then a Camo
paint job?

And out of the 24 vws I got I'm going to try to put 4 other good drivers
together, theres a 65 bus a nice 65 beetle a 71 auto fast back and theres a 67
beetle that looks good

Mario
Old October 29th 04, 08:21 PM
Tim Rogers

"Kafertoys" > wrote in message

> And out of the 24 vws I got I'm going to try to put 4 other good drivers
> together, theres a 65 bus a nice 65 beetle a 71 auto fast back and theres

a 67
> beetle that looks good

...............I wonder what it would take to get somebody in law enforcement
to run those 24 VIN's through their database and see how many of them are
hot?

Old October 29th 04, 10:11 PM
RSMEINER

>..............I wonder what it would take to get somebody in law enforcement
>to run those 24 VIN's through their database and see how many of them are
>hot?

Probably a 2 minute phone call.

Randy
http://members.aol.com/rsmeiner
Old October 30th 04, 12:27 PM
Jay McGraw

Yeah, I usually call the state police to verify the car I am about to buy
isn't stolen or anything. Not always the most helpful, (State Police in KY)
but better than buying a stolen car!

I guess the question would be how are you gonna get the VINs?

Jay

Old October 30th 04, 12:52 PM
Kafertoys

>Yeah, I usually call the state police to verify the car I am about to buy
>isn't stolen or anything. Not always the most helpful, (State Police in KY)
>but better than buying a stolen car

Jay most of these cars have been setting in this well known mans field for the
last decade and he has given me a dozen titles most of them I have matched
with cars and as far as the law would be concerned if any of the cars were
stolen the statue of limitation is long passed.

In another group we have been talking about the idea of tring to get some of
these restorable VW's out of the junk yards where thier just rusting away.
It started as 30 aircooled cars setting in a field and a barn of parts and it
was all or nothing. I have already started the restoration on 2 of them,(bought
earlier in the year) and going to try to save atleast 4 more. As for the rest
there are alot of good parts and untill I see an upgrade in aftermarket parts I
see this as a good find.
I'm going to put original heater channels in the 67 vert I'm restoring.

Mario
Old October 30th 04, 04:07 PM
Chris Perdue

>From: kafertoys

>As for the rest
>there are alot of good parts and untill I see an upgrade in aftermarket parts
>see this as a good find.

any ragtops? I need an entire roof....
-------------------
Chris Perdue
"I'm ever so thankful for the Internet; it has allowed me to keep a finger in
the pie and to make some small contribution to those younger who will carry the
air-cooled legend forward"
Jim Mais
Feb. 2004
Old October 30th 04, 04:52 PM
MUADIB®

>any ragtops? I need an entire roof....

They're probably right next to the Statue of Limitations.............

Is that in New York????

LOL

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

http://www.angelfire.com/retro/sster...IN%20PAGE.html

one small step for man,.....
One giant leap for attorneys.
Old October 31st 04, 12:45 AM
Kafertoys

>any ragtops? I need an entire roof....

give me a week or so Chris I know where I night be able to get you a rag
section. I did see one at the last farmington show for $400 thought it was to
much.
But no not in the 24 cars is there a rag, there is a metal sunroof in a 67 body
and only one set of early popouts and there mine...lol
I'm setting on 14 titled chassis and I'm still going thru a ton of parts, lots
of 40hp stuff some new all useable, this guy seemed to know what to keep.
things like excillent original 62 to 67 tail lights a nos exshaust real nice
heater boxes. and I haven't stated cleaning out his basement yet but I have
seen new p&c sets and more.

Mario
Old October 31st 04, 01:25 AM
Chris Perdue

>From: kafertoys

>give me a week or so Chris I know where I night be able to get you a rag
>section.

let me know...you are not very far from me at all....i need one....if it is in
the 400 dollar range(such as the one at farmington) i would hope the ragtop is
intact and complete(canvas condition not important)
Old October 31st 04, 07:47 AM
Kev_Ceri

Ok I am always interested in Baja's!!!

Let me know??

keven

Baja L.W.(ßill) Hughes III Jeep 0 January 6th 05 03:44 AM
Oval door locking problem ningi VW air cooled 4 October 18th 04 11:07 PM
Opinions on Mickey Thompson Baja Claw radial? Miki Kanazawa 4x4 0 June 14th 04 05:03 AM