bad transmission - 2500 dollars

Old October 9th 07, 05:17 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Pszemol

Default bad transmission - 2500 dollars

"Art" > wrote in message ...
>>> Honda designed the tranny. They know ZipHead Lube will hook up the hoses
>>> backwards (and probably sell you non-Honda fluid). They have a simple
>>> answer: Don't do it.
>>>
>>> Read it for yourself:
>>> http://www.hondasuv.com/members/showthread.php?t=22479&

>> Finally somebody with anything on paper from Honda.
>> Thank you, now I am convinced.

> Why are you so easily convinced? It could be a fake posting.
> You should get you AT flushed. I'm convinced.

Jokes aside we still did not talk about the second part of
the question: about the myth related to the claims about
"beneficial particles in the old tranny fluid which
suppose to help transmission to work better than with
the new fluid", anybody with opinion on this matter ?
Old October 9th 07, 02:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Siskuwihane

On Oct 8, 8:18 pm, "Art" > wrote:

> >> -------------------------------

> >> Honda designed the tranny. They know ZipHead Lube will hook up the hoses
> >> backwards (and probably sell you non-Honda fluid). They have a simple
> >> answer: Don't do it.

> >> Read it for yourself:
> >>http://www.hondasuv.com/members/showthread.php?t=22479&

> > Finally somebody with anything on paper from Honda.
> > Thank you, now I am convinced.

> Why are you so easily convinced? It could be a fake posting. You should
> get you AT flushed. I'm convinced.- Hide quoted text -

Me too. I just changed mine a few weeks ago but I'm heading over to In-
N-Out Lube this afternoon to get it flushed. That flushing machine has
the word "PRO" on it in big letters so it must be good. I'm going to
have them fill it with Marvel Mystery Oil instead of Z1 because some
guy on Yahoo said it works better. He posted that he worked for Honda
R&D and I believe him.

Old October 9th 07, 03:17 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Pszemol

"Siskuwihane" > wrote in message ups.com...
> Me too. I just changed mine a few weeks ago but I'm heading over to In-
> N-Out Lube this afternoon to get it flushed. That flushing machine has
> the word "PRO" on it in big letters so it must be good. I'm going to
> have them fill it with Marvel Mystery Oil instead of Z1 because some
> guy on Yahoo said it works better. He posted that he worked for Honda
> R&D and I believe him.

I am starting to see faint signs of thinking in your posts....
Finally I was able to drive my arguments through, I guess :-)
Old November 2nd 07, 05:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Josh S

In article . com>,
" > wrote:

> Anything I can do besides replacing my tranmission?

Trade it ASAP to a dealer who thinks he's ripping you off.
Old November 2nd 07, 05:28 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
who

In article . com>,
" > wrote:

> The dealer said
> just baby it and don't change the transmission fluid as this is any
> metal particles in it now keep it running fine, so don't change it.

Funny comment. IMO they said that to be sure your transmission grinds
itself to death.