Window rubber question

Old April 4th 06, 11:56 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Default Window rubber question

I live on the east coast of Canada and have a '66 type 1. I am looking
for a source of windom rubber for all glass. As well, I need a new
windshield. Any suggestions for a reliable source in Canada?

Is it possible to get a package that includes all that I need?

thnaks
peg
Old April 4th 06, 12:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Hi Pat,

Had a look ast your website...it gives me hope for my beast. She has
been painted and is waiting patiently to be reassembled...includung the
motor. I also still have to make the decision as to whether I keep her
6v or switch to 12v.

I have had this car for close to 20 years...drove her for the 1st 2
years and then she died ...been resurrected a couple of times and now I
just need the time and inspiration to complete.

Thanks for the tips.

peg
Old April 4th 06, 02:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Good luck again...and I just noticed that Cal Imports finally have a
site with Cdn prices..

http://www.cip1.ca/default.asp

...makes shopping even easier!!//Pat

ps..Are you right in St. John's??

Old April 4th 06, 04:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

pat wrote:
> Good luck again...and I just noticed that Cal Imports finally have a
> site with Cdn prices..
>
> http://www.cip1.ca/default.asp
>
> ..makes shopping even easier!!//Pat
>
> ps..Are you right in St. John's??

Yes, but the car is in Salmon Cove, about 70 minutes from the city.
Old April 5th 06, 03:08 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

One Caveat. CIP1 is an excellent company with great prices. However,
they carry all range of qualities of items. I only order branded items
from them...or buy german if they indicate they have it. If you just
order something with a generic description...you very well may wind up
with a worthlessly low quality item. For rubber products, I would
consider www.wolfsburgwest.com Not the cheapest....but respectable
quality and service. Or, at the least, call CIP1 and inquire what brand
theyare selling on the specific product, and check back to the group on
reccomendations. Again...they DO have excellent service, one of the
BEST ordering and tracking systems I've ever used, ship timely with no
surprises. I have been very happy with my CIP1 orders, but I haver
never put myself in a poisition to recieve a product I wouldn't be
happy with. I know the brand and quality of the piece I am ordering
when I order it.