Damn pigs need a good kicking in the teeth...

Old January 3rd 05, 09:26 PM
TCS

On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 13:48:31 -0500, Cory Dunkle > wrote:
>I went in to the police station today. Seemed to stir up some commotion when
>I talked to the woman behind the glass. She told me to wait and the
>Leutenant would come talk to me shortly. Then a cop walked out adn asked if
>I was being helped, I said yes, I was waiting for the Leutenant who was
>going to speak to me. The cop asked waht it was about so I politely told him
>what I saw. He got very defensive and asked how I knew he didn't go out on a
>call and it was cancelled. I explained that the cop waited at the next red
>light, and that no matter which way you slice it running a red light and
>doing twice the speed limit in a residential zone is reckless. He didn't
>like that and told me no it was not reckless or unsafe, then walked away.

>In any case, I hope something is done about the reckless driving, it's
>relaly an issue that needs to be addressed. Whenever a police officer is
>breaking the law his lights and possibly siren should be on. There are
>exceptions, but they are few and far between.

Nothing will ever happen. Cops don't operate within the law.

Old January 3rd 05, 09:41 PM
Olaf Gustafson

On Sat, 1 Jan 2005 01:36:55 -0500, "Cory Dunkle" >
wrote:

>I just got back from taking my girlfriend home.

On NYE?

> On the way I observed a
>police car in front of me. I pulled up behind him at a red light. The
>protected left turned green adn he gunned it forward into the intersection,
>then stopped and waited. Then he proceeded to run the red light and take off
>rather quickly down the residential/small business street posted at 25 MPH.
>I proceeded once the light had turned green, several seocnds later. The cop
>must have been doing at least upwards of 40 MPH, probably more like 50 MPH
>as it seems he got to the next light as I was about halfway between the
>previous light and the next light. Then when he approached the red light
>with a single car waiting at the light he stopped and waited behind the
>other car. Once the light turned green he proceeded at a more appropriate
>speed and then turned around a little ways down that street. All this was
>without his light bar on or any siren or horn whatsoever. Through town where
>he was doing 40-50 MPH in the 25 MPH zone there were people walking around,
>several with small children.

yawn

>I wrote down his license plate number, NJ municipal plate MG40715. I believe
>the car was a Haddon Township police car. I plan to go to the police station
>tomorrow, if they are open that is, and do whatever is necessary to make a
>written complaint. of course I don't expect anything to be done about this
>"officers" reckless behavior, but at least I'll feel better for reporting it
>and having it on paper, assuming the pigs don't shred it and pretend like
>nothing ever happened.

Nah, they'll take down your license plate number and harass you

Old January 3rd 05, 09:41 PM
Olaf Gustafson

Old January 3rd 05, 11:52 PM
Skip Elliott Bowman

"Olaf Gustafson" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 1 Jan 2005 01:36:55 -0500, "Cory Dunkle" >
> wrote:
>
>>I just got back from taking my girlfriend home.

> On NYE?
>
>> On the way I observed a
>>police car in front of me. I pulled up behind him at a red light. The
>>protected left turned green adn he gunned it forward into the
>>intersection,
>>then stopped and waited. Then he proceeded to run the red light and take
>>off
>>rather quickly down the residential/small business street posted at 25
>>MPH.
>>I proceeded once the light had turned green, several seocnds later. The
>>cop
>>must have been doing at least upwards of 40 MPH, probably more like 50 MPH
>>as it seems he got to the next light as I was about halfway between the
>>previous light and the next light. Then when he approached the red light
>>with a single car waiting at the light he stopped and waited behind the
>>other car. Once the light turned green he proceeded at a more appropriate
>>speed and then turned around a little ways down that street. All this was
>>without his light bar on or any siren or horn whatsoever. Through town
>>where
>>he was doing 40-50 MPH in the 25 MPH zone there were people walking
>>around,
>>several with small children.
>>

> yawn
>
>>I wrote down his license plate number, NJ municipal plate MG40715. I
>>believe
>>the car was a Haddon Township police car. I plan to go to the police
>>station
>>tomorrow, if they are open that is, and do whatever is necessary to make a
>>written complaint. of course I don't expect anything to be done about this
>>"officers" reckless behavior, but at least I'll feel better for reporting
>>it
>>and having it on paper, assuming the pigs don't shred it and pretend like
>>nothing ever happened.

> Nah, they'll take down your license plate number and harass you

There doesn't seem to be a website for the Haddon Township PD, so I went to
the NJSP website and found this link to filing complaints:

http://www.state.nj.us/lps/njsp/comp/complain.html

Among other guidelines, it says: "The Office of Professional Standards will
thoroughly investigate all reports of misconduct by troopers regardless of
the source. Anyone who files a complaint against a trooper will be treated
with courtesy and respect."

If you were treated rudely, you have legal recourse.

Old January 3rd 05, 11:52 PM
Skip Elliott Bowman

Old January 3rd 05, 11:58 PM
TCS

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 22:52:11 GMT, Skip Elliott Bowman > wrote:
>Among other guidelines, it says: "The Office of Professional Standards will
>thoroughly investigate all reports of misconduct by troopers regardless of
>the source. Anyone who files a complaint against a trooper will be treated
>with courtesy and respect."

and any cop who hasn't killed the mayor's daughter will be kept on the job.

Old January 3rd 05, 11:58 PM
TCS

Old January 4th 05, 06:00 AM
Cory Dunkle

"Skip Elliott Bowman" > wrote in message
hlink.net...

> "Olaf Gustafson" > wrote in message
> > On Sat, 1 Jan 2005 01:36:55 -0500, "Cory Dunkle" >
> > wrote:
> >
> >>I just got back from taking my girlfriend home.

> > On NYE?
> >
> >> On the way I observed a
> >>police car in front of me. I pulled up behind him at a red light. The
> >>protected left turned green adn he gunned it forward into the
> >>intersection,
> >>then stopped and waited. Then he proceeded to run the red light and take
> >>off
> >>rather quickly down the residential/small business street posted at 25
> >>MPH.
> >>I proceeded once the light had turned green, several seocnds later. The
> >>cop
> >>must have been doing at least upwards of 40 MPH, probably more like 50

MPH
> >>as it seems he got to the next light as I was about halfway between the
> >>previous light and the next light. Then when he approached the red light
> >>with a single car waiting at the light he stopped and waited behind the
> >>other car. Once the light turned green he proceeded at a more

appropriate
> >>speed and then turned around a little ways down that street. All this

was
> >>without his light bar on or any siren or horn whatsoever. Through town
> >>where
> >>he was doing 40-50 MPH in the 25 MPH zone there were people walking
> >>around,
> >>several with small children.
> >>

> > yawn
> >
> >>I wrote down his license plate number, NJ municipal plate MG40715. I
> >>believe
> >>the car was a Haddon Township police car. I plan to go to the police
> >>station
> >>tomorrow, if they are open that is, and do whatever is necessary to make

> >>written complaint. of course I don't expect anything to be done about

this
> >>"officers" reckless behavior, but at least I'll feel better for

reporting
> >>it
> >>and having it on paper, assuming the pigs don't shred it and pretend

like
> >>nothing ever happened.

> > Nah, they'll take down your license plate number and harass you

> There doesn't seem to be a website for the Haddon Township PD, so I went

> the NJSP website and found this link to filing complaints:
>
> http://www.state.nj.us/lps/njsp/comp/complain.html
>
> Among other guidelines, it says: "The Office of Professional Standards

will
> thoroughly investigate all reports of misconduct by troopers regardless of
> the source. Anyone who files a complaint against a trooper will be treated
> with courtesy and respect."
>
> If you were treated rudely, you have legal recourse.

Thanks for the link. If you are cirous here is the Haddon Twp PD website.
It's pretty useless.
http://www.haddontwp.com/police.php

Old January 4th 05, 06:00 AM
Cory Dunkle

Old January 4th 05, 08:25 AM
Skip Elliott Bowman

"Cory Dunkle" > wrote in message
> "Skip Elliott Bowman" > wrote in message
> hlink.net...

>> There doesn't seem to be a website for the Haddon Township PD, so I went

>> the NJSP website and found this link to filing complaints:
>>
>> http://www.state.nj.us/lps/njsp/comp/complain.html
>>
>> Among other guidelines, it says: "The Office of Professional Standards

> will
>> thoroughly investigate all reports of misconduct by troopers regardless
>> of
>> the source. Anyone who files a complaint against a trooper will be
>> treated
>> with courtesy and respect."
>>
>> If you were treated rudely, you have legal recourse.

> Thanks for the link. If you are cirous here is the Haddon Twp PD website.
> It's pretty useless.
> http://www.haddontwp.com/police.php

Thanks, Cory.