Update on Arizona Emissions Bill!

Old March 7th 05, 04:35 PM
Laurie S.

Default Update on Arizona Emissions Bill!

Here's the latest on the progress of the Arizona emissions bill. Again, we
can use all the support we can get!

Arizona Emissions Test Exemption for Collectible Vehicles To be Considered
by Senate Transportation Committee on Tuesday, March 8th.

A bill (H.B. 2357) to exempt qualified collectible vehicles 15 years old and
older from the state's mandatory emissions inspection and maintenance
program passed in the Arizona House of Representatives. Qualifying vehicles
would have to maintain appropriate collectible or classic automobile
insurance to retain these benefits. THE BILL NOW MOVES TO THE SENATE
TRANSPORTATION COMMITTEE, WHERE IT WILL BE CONSIDERED ON MARCH 8TH.

ACT NOW! Contact Senate Transportation Committee Members (List Attached)
Immediately to Request Support for this Bill

H.B. 2357 defines collectible vehicles as 15 years old or older, of unique
or rare design, of limited production and an object of curiosity and
maintained primarily for car club activities, exhibitions, parades, etc. and
is used infrequently for other purposes.

H.B. 2357 provides for a rolling 15-year emissions inspection exemption that
would exempt qualifying vehicles upon enactment and would pick up an
additional model year for each year the law is in effect.

H.B. 2357 provides for an emissions inspection exemption for collectible
vehicles for which the owner holds appropriate insurance coverage.

H.B. 2357 acknowledges the relatively minimal environmental impact of older
vehicles, such as the older vehicles targeted for this exemption.

H.B. 2357 recognizes that such vehicles constitute a small portion of the
vehicle fleet and are well-maintained and infrequently operated.

DON'T DELAY! Please contact members of the Arizona Senate Transportation
Committee immediately by phone or e-mail to request their support for this
bill.

SENATE TRANSPORTATION COMMITTEE

Senator Carolyn S. Allen
Phone: 602-926-4480
Email:

Senator Marilyn Jarrett
Phone: 602-926-5288
Email:

Senator Rebecca Rios
Phone: 602-926-5685
Email:

Senator Victor Soltero
Phone: 602-926-5342
Email:

Senator Thayer Verschoor
Phone: 602-926-4136
Email:

--------------------
Laurie S.
Thunder Snake #7

Old March 7th 05, 06:05 PM
Mark C.

That's it! I'm moving to Arizona.

--
I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates who once said, "I drank
what?".

I r34lly n33d t0 g37 l41d

Old March 11th 05, 07:19 AM
Big Al

"Laurie S." > wrote in message
> Here's the latest on the progress of the Arizona emissions bill. Again,
> we can use all the support we can get!

Any word on what happened?

Al # 35 and praying

Old March 11th 05, 06:32 PM
Laurie S.

"Big Al" > wrote in message

> "Laurie S." > wrote in message
>> Here's the latest on the progress of the Arizona emissions bill. Again,
>> we can use all the support we can get!
>>

> Any word on what happened?
>
> Al # 35 and praying

I haven't heard anything yet, but at least two of the people on the
transportation committee voted for the bill in prior committee votes, so I
thinking it probably went through (fingers still crossed for luck).

Laurie S.
Thunder Snake 37