dodge neon- a mitshubishi?

Old March 3rd 06, 01:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Default dodge neon- a mitshubishi?

I know the old colts were built by mitsubishi, are the neons mitsubishi's?

Paul.
Old March 3rd 06, 04:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Hell no

Old March 3rd 06, 10:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

In case you are considering one they are about to become history.

Old March 4th 06, 03:20 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

"Pdigmking" > wrote in message
> I know the old colts were built by mitsubishi, are the neons mitsubishi's?
>
> Paul.

No they are not. But Chrysler,Mitsubishi and Hyundai in partnership has
built a new Engine called the global engine. Manufactured in Mich.
Going to be 4 cyl's 1.8/2.0 and 2.4 All aluminum block and head. It is
going to be used in the new PM Caliber...taking place of the Neon.

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

Old March 7th 06, 09:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

In article > "maxpower" > writes:

>"Pdigmking" > wrote in message
.. .
>> I know the old colts were built by mitsubishi, are the neons mitsubishi's?
>>
>> Paul.

>No they are not. But Chrysler,Mitsubishi and Hyundai in partnership has
>built a new Engine called the global engine. Manufactured in Mich.
>Going to be 4 cyl's 1.8/2.0 and 2.4 All aluminum block and head. It is
>going to be used in the new PM Caliber...taking place of the Neon.
>
>Glenn Beasley
>Chrysler Tech

Taking the place, but not filling the tires :-(.
--
Jeff Wieland
Old March 9th 06, 10:22 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

"maxpower" > wrote in message

> "Pdigmking" > wrote in message
> > I know the old colts were built by mitsubishi, are the neons

mitsubishi's?

> > Paul.

> No they are not. But Chrysler,Mitsubishi and Hyundai in partnership has
> built a new Engine called the global engine. Manufactured in Mich.
> Going to be 4 cyl's 1.8/2.0 and 2.4 All aluminum block and head. It is
> going to be used in the new PM Caliber...taking place of the Neon.

Wow, so they finally figured out how to build the kind of engines that
Kawasaki, Honda, and Harley Davidson have been using on their products
for what, the last 30 years?!?

Ted

Old March 9th 06, 06:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:

>>No they are not. But Chrysler,Mitsubishi and Hyundai in partnership has
>>built a new Engine called the global engine. Manufactured in Mich.
>>Going to be 4 cyl's 1.8/2.0 and 2.4 All aluminum block and head. It is
>>going to be used in the new PM Caliber...taking place of the Neon.
>>

> Wow, so they finally figured out how to build the kind of engines that
> Kawasaki, Honda, and Harley Davidson have been using on their products
> for what, the last 30 years?!?

Harley Davidson and Kawaski have variable valve timing? I think NOT! And
Honda hasn't had their version of VVT (VTEC) for anything approaching 30
years.