UK dealer margins?

Old October 6th 04, 02:29 PM
PhilipS

Default UK dealer margins?

Hi, anyone out there with tradelinks care to spill the beans on what
the UK dealer margin is on new Alfas. Specifically I'm thinking of
the GT, but would be interested if it differs across the range.

The continental dealer I bought my personal import 147 off in 2001
gave me 7% discount, and has offered a similar cut off a GT (although
the current strong euro makes the overall deal less attractive than
importing once was).

I'd just like to know what they've REALLY got to play with before I
start looking for the right deal.

Come on someone, I dare you ;-)

PhilipS
Old October 7th 04, 12:35 AM
Freddy

What sort of price is the continental dealer offering on a GT (and is
it left or right hand drive)? I'm thinking of upgrading my Sportwagon
to a GT but all the dealers I talk to tell me there's no chance of any
sort of dicount as there's a waiting list for these cars.

Even though I'm a huge Alfa fan I've never bought one new due to the
fact that they seem to drop in value fairly rapidly from new, but I
think I might have a long wait for a used GT to come available, which
is why I'm thinking of a new one. I wonder if people on this NG think
the GT might hold it's value better then previous Alfas due to the
current demand for the car?

Freddy