Electrical advice needed?

Old July 27th 04, 03:06 PM
Paul Woodsford

Default Electrical advice needed?

I'm fitting an electronic reversing aid that needs to be connected to the
reversing lamp electrical feed.
Alfa 147 1.6TS UK spec. The reversing lamp is in the hatch and the wiring
loom passes from the hatch to the car at the roof :-
Q1. Anyone know the colour code for the reversing lamp electrical feed?

Q2. Does the hatch wiring loom pass along the roof of the passenger
compartment or the floor?

Q3. Where is the best place to access the wiring loom to patch into the
reversing light feed?

Any advice or help much appreciated.

--
Paul.Woodsford
Remove **NOSPAM** to reply.

---

Old July 27th 04, 05:17 PM
Catman

Paul Woodsford wrote:

> I'm fitting an electronic reversing aid that needs to be connected to the
> reversing lamp electrical feed.
> Alfa 147 1.6TS UK spec. The reversing lamp is in the hatch and the wiring
> loom passes from the hatch to the car at the roof :-
> Q1. Anyone know the colour code for the reversing lamp electrical feed?
>
> Q2. Does the hatch wiring loom pass along the roof of the passenger
> compartment or the floor?
>
> Q3. Where is the best place to access the wiring loom to patch into the
> reversing light feed?
>
> Any advice or help much appreciated.

Can you remove the reversing light from the 'gate? That should tell you
the colour.

You might be advised to lift the carpet as well. You may find the loom
accessible there. Then all you need is a couple of scotchlock connectors.
Alfa 116 Giulietta 3.0l (Really) Sprint 1.7
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Old July 27th 04, 07:31 PM
SteveH

Paul Woodsford > wrote:

> I'm fitting an electronic reversing aid that needs to be connected to the
> reversing lamp electrical feed.
> Alfa 147 1.6TS UK spec.

Not wanting to be seen to be taking the **** or anything, but why the
hell would anyone need a reversing aid on a 147? - on a 166 I could
understand it, maybe even on a 156, but it doesn't make sense to me on a
small hatch.
VW Golf GL Cabrio - Alfa 75 TS - Alfa 155 TS Lusso - COSOC KOTL
Old July 27th 04, 08:32 PM
Ivan

"SteveH" > wrote in message
k...
> Paul Woodsford > wrote:
>
> > I'm fitting an electronic reversing aid that needs to be connected to

the
> > reversing lamp electrical feed.
> > Alfa 147 1.6TS UK spec.

> Not wanting to be seen to be taking the **** or anything, but why the
> hell would anyone need a reversing aid on a 147? - on a 166 I could
> understand it, maybe even on a 156, but it doesn't make sense to me on a
> small hatch.

I was proud of the fact that I had never seen such a device on *any* Alfa.
Sign of the times I'm affaid!
;-))

--
Ivan.

156 2.5 V6 Veloce
Ex 156 Selespeed (RIP 22 May 03)
Ex 145 QV
Ex 33 16v QV
Ex 33 QV series 1

Old July 27th 04, 08:54 PM
Ivan

"Paul Woodsford" > wrote in
message ...
> Hi Ivan,
> and when this system ( an EPS system not Ultrasonic system ) is fitted you
> won't see it either.
> Nothing to see externally, nor internally. As fitted by Jaguar to their
> pride and joy.
> Why would I want to muck around with such a beautiful rear end.

Hi Paul,
I was joking!!
I had a a little miss-judgement with my Selespeed at 4 weeks old from brand
new!... I had only ever driven hatchbacks up to me owning the 156! Wish that
had had sensors!
Still do with the V6... not helped by the crap steering lock!

Old July 27th 04, 08:59 PM
SteveH

dom > wrote:

> (SteveH) wrote:
> >dom > wrote:
> >
> >> My last car was a small hatch, Fiat Cinquecento.

> >Heh. Another ex-Cinq Alfa owner :-)
> >

> Are there a lot? Mind you, after a cinquecento (sporting, of course)
> where else is there to go?

There are one or two, yeah.

I miss mine. Want another.

http://www.italiancar.co.uk/cinq/

VW Golf GL Cabrio - Alfa 75 TS - Alfa 155 TS Lusso - COSOC KOTL
Old July 27th 04, 09:43 PM
Paul Woodsford

"Ivan" > wrote in message

> "SteveH" > wrote in message
> k...
> > Paul Woodsford > wrote:
> >
> > > I'm fitting an electronic reversing aid that needs to be connected to

> the
> > > reversing lamp electrical feed.
> > > Alfa 147 1.6TS UK spec.

> > Not wanting to be seen to be taking the **** or anything, but why the
> > hell would anyone need a reversing aid on a 147? - on a 166 I could
> > understand it, maybe even on a 156, but it doesn't make sense to me on a
> > small hatch.

> I was proud of the fact that I had never seen such a device on *any* Alfa.
> Sign of the times I'm affaid!
> ;-))
>

> --
> Ivan.