We've been HACKED

Old December 26th 04, 04:42 AM
Charles Fregeau

Default We've been HACKED

I hate to say it, but on the HO HO HO thread a lot of people seem to be
posting some weird stuff, and I know it's not them, because it's getting
posted to de.alt.test, and bit.listerve.test

Charles of Kankakee

Old December 26th 04, 07:14 AM
ThaDriver

>> I hate to say it, but on the HO HO HO thread a lot of people seem to be
>> posting some weird stuff, and I know it's not them, because it's

getting
>> posted to de.alt.test, and bit.listerve.test
>>
>> Charles of Kankakee

> It seems to be affecting certain news servers. I get it over at

giganews,
> but not here on News.Individual.NET.
>

> --
> Bill Merrill
> Arlington, Mass.
> '70 Convertible

Apparently the alt. groups were hit earlier, but for some reason, I'm not

seeing these messages from the groups I subscribe to in alt. domains,
even
though they come through the same server.

Very strange. What they're doing seems to be running something called
HipCrime.
***********
I got two EMAILS from the assholes! As if I wasn't having a bad enough
day as it was. I HATE the holidays!
I access the groups via talkaboutautos.com. I've changed my email address
in that forum...
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Old December 26th 04, 03:37 PM
cloud8

"ThaDriver" <imangeloneAThotmailDOTcom@> wrote in
lkaboutautos.com:

> I HATE the holidays!

Only 365 days till Christmas ;-)

> I access the groups via talkaboutautos.com. I've changed my email address
> in that forum...

Maybe if you went through Google groups...

--
Bill Merrill
Arlington, Mass.
Old December 26th 04, 05:05 PM
Charles Fregeau

"cloud8" > wrote in message
. ..
> "ThaDriver" <imangeloneAThotmailDOTcom@> wrote in
> lkaboutautos.com:
>
>> I HATE the holidays!

> Only 365 days till Christmas ;-)
>
>> I access the groups via talkaboutautos.com. I've changed my email address
>> in that forum...

> Maybe if you went through Google groups...
>

> --
> Bill Merrill
> Arlington, Mass.
> '70 Convertible

You're right. I'm not getting anything through my Yahoo groups. Yet. I'm
sure these (expletive deleteds) will try.

Charles of Kankakee

Old December 26th 04, 06:18 PM
Wolfgang

The Shoptalk Forum was hacked a month ago -- finally was fixed last week
only to be hacked again - http://www.shoptalkforums.com/index.php
Think they need some help from a certified sys admin that is aware of
security settings, configuration and application of patches!

Old December 26th 04, 08:04 PM
jjs

"Wolfgang" > wrote in message
> The Shoptalk Forum was hacked a month ago -- finally was fixed last week
> only to be hacked again - http://www.shoptalkforums.com/index.php
> Think they need some help from a certified sys admin that is aware of
> security settings, configuration and application of patches!

It was definitely done by a script kiddie who doesn't know what he is doing.
The index1.php that was supposed to work has a bug in it.

But you are right. The sysadmin has some well-known holes wide open,
probably the demo directory left wide open.

Old December 27th 04, 02:57 AM
ThaDriver

>You're right. I'm not getting anything through my Yahoo groups. Yet.
The Yahoo groups are totally independent of, well, I guess *everything*
else.
At TalkAboutAutos they just script in the Usenet group. (Haven't checked
their code to see if it tells me how, yet.)
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"