Was Chrysler First with ABS?

Old July 16th 06, 02:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
jdoe[_1_]

Default Was Chrysler First with ABS?

It became available in 71 with the Imprial. I drove one (new btw) and tried
it in winter. Way cool than but quite primitive by today. IT pulsed VERY
slowly with greaty heaving and shuddering in the car and pedal. THe
controller was enourmouns took up most of the trunk (which was mafia sized)
(meaning it could hold quite a few stiffs) ;-) It was also very trouble
prone.
I believe the literature we had in our shop said it the FIRST PRODUCTION
vehicle with this feature. The rest of youcan fight over it ;-) I just had
hands on knowledge of it.
Larry

Old July 16th 06, 02:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
NJ Vike[_1_]

Okay - thanks

Old July 24th 06, 09:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Steve[_1_]

MoPar Man wrote:

> Zentraleinheit wrote:
>

>>I remember reading somewhere that Chrysler Offered an ABS system
>>on at least one of its big cars in the late 60' or early 70's.

> My '73 Chrysler/Plymouth service manual has a section on an ABS
> system. It was probably an option on the VIP and Newport.

Nope. Imperial.