why is my car crying

Old August 1st 05, 12:37 AM
lala

Default why is my car crying

Is it normal for a car to drop some clear liquid as soon as its parked
during hot summer days? Thanks.

Old August 1st 05, 12:43 AM
MasterBlaster

"lala" wrote

> Is it normal for a car to drop some clear liquid as soon as its parked
> during hot summer days? Thanks.

It is if you have the A/C on.
One of the metal lines gets hot, the other one gets covered in frost.
Park the car, the frost melts, the water drips on the ground.

Old August 1st 05, 12:47 AM
Masospaghetti

MasterBlaster wrote:
> "lala" wrote
>

>>Is it normal for a car to drop some clear liquid as soon as its parked
>>during hot summer days? Thanks.

> It is if you have the A/C on.
> One of the metal lines gets hot, the other one gets covered in frost.
> Park the car, the frost melts, the water drips on the ground.

Not just that - when the A/C is operating it dehumidifies the air going
into the cabin, and that drains out the bottom of the car.
Old August 1st 05, 02:05 AM
lala

MasterBlaster wrote:
> "lala" wrote
>
> > Is it normal for a car to drop some clear liquid as soon as its parked
> > during hot summer days? Thanks.

> It is if you have the A/C on.
> One of the metal lines gets hot, the other one gets covered in frost.
> Park the car, the frost melts, the water drips on the ground.

Yes the A/C is on almost always. I seriously thought that something's
wrong with my car.

Then what will happen when the heater is on during the winter season?
Thanks for the tip.

Old August 1st 05, 03:16 AM
N8N

lala wrote:
> MasterBlaster wrote:
> > "lala" wrote
> >
> > > Is it normal for a car to drop some clear liquid as soon as its parked
> > > during hot summer days? Thanks.

> > It is if you have the A/C on.
> > One of the metal lines gets hot, the other one gets covered in frost.
> > Park the car, the frost melts, the water drips on the ground.

> Yes the A/C is on almost always. I seriously thought that something's
> wrong with my car.
>
> Then what will happen when the heater is on during the winter season?
> Thanks for the tip.

It will drip water again, when the heater core blows. OTherwise
nothing

nate

Old August 1st 05, 08:37 AM
Don Bruder

In article .com>,
"lala" > wrote:

> Is it normal for a car to drop some clear liquid as soon as its parked
> during hot summer days? Thanks.

If it has A/C and you've had it turned on, I'd be shocked ****less if it
*DIDN'T* drip on a hot day. It's called condensation - You *CAN* get it
on a poorly insulated "cold side" line (somewhere under the hood, but
since you don't mention year, make, or model, no telling exactly where
you'd go looking for that), although I'd expect that to take at least a
couple minutes to "defrost" and start dripping, and you *WILL* get it
from the evaporator (the part inside under the dash that does the job of
making the air cold) due to the fact that the A/C also acts as a
dehumidifier. What it pulls out of the air, it has to get rid of
somewhere, and that usually means some kind of catch-pan with a hose to
"somewhere outside". That's the more likely source, since that water
doesn't usually get cold enough to freeze to the evaporator.

--
Don Bruder - - New Email policy in effect as of Feb. 21, 2004.
See <http://www.sonic.net/~dakidd/main/contact.html> for full details.
Old August 1st 05, 09:37 AM
MasterBlaster

"lala" wrote

> Then what will happen when the heater is on during the winter season?

The floor will get wet as the heater melts the snow off your boots.

Old August 2nd 05, 01:59 PM
wws

lala wrote:

> Is it normal for a car to drop some clear liquid as soon as its parked
> during hot summer days? Thanks.

That is you, not the car.
The human body expels at least a quart(.7 litres) of water a day.
Just breathing does this.
Your car takes it out of the air and drips it onto the pavement.
No, don't worry.

wws
Old August 9th 05, 07:53 PM
clifto

wws wrote:
> lala wrote:
>> Is it normal for a car to drop some clear liquid as soon as its parked
>> during hot summer days? Thanks.
>>

> That is you, not the car.
> The human body expels at least a quart(.7 litres) of water a day.
> Just breathing does this.
> Your car takes it out of the air and drips it onto the pavement.
> No, don't worry.

No, his air conditioner is crying from all that heat. If he turns off the
air conditioner the car will stop crying.

Old August 9th 05, 08:42 PM
wws

clifto wrote:

> wws wrote:
>
>>lala wrote:
>>
>>>Is it normal for a car to drop some clear liquid as soon as its parked
>>>during hot summer days? Thanks.
>>>

>>That is you, not the car.
>>The human body expels at least a quart(.7 litres) of water a day.
>>Just breathing does this.
>>Your car takes it out of the air and drips it onto the pavement.
>>No, don't worry.

> No, his air conditioner is crying from all that heat. If he turns off the
> air conditioner the car will stop crying.

There ought'a be a poem in there, somewhere
cars crying, drivers whining
I'm a goin' over there, right over there
least 'til the sun starts shining

(runs and hides)(fast)