Are American Roads a Jungle?

Old March 24th 05, 11:56 PM
Kitchen Man

Default Are American Roads a Jungle?

On 24 Mar 2005 05:37:42 -0800 in rec.motorcycles, "The Office Jet"
.com>:

>So, you're that guy. The guy that scares the snot out of people when
>they're driving along minding their own business.

While not condoning the behavior you responded to, I feel compelled to
point out: when motorists are driving along, they should be minding the
road and traffic, not "their own business." If you're hurtling down the
freeway in a dreamlike stupor like Walter Mitty on Prozac, maybe you
*should* get the snot scared out of you, before you crash and kill
someone innocent of a negligent indifference to their piloting of a
massive object energized by a large velocity vector.

--
Al Brennan
http://www.xmission.com/~tiger885/mo...NART/nart.html
Old March 25th 05, 08:15 PM
Michael D. Adams

"donquijote1954" wrote:
> Odinn wrote:

> > Funny, I have GEICO (have had them for several years) and they have
> > NEVER increased my rates due to a speeding ticket (I get one on
> > average of every 3 years). My rates have steadily dropped every
> > year, including the years I got the speeding tickets and the years
> > following.
> >
> > More bull**** published by someone who doesn't know what they ****
> > they are talking about.

> It's a lawyer, they know what they are talking about. But may prefer to
> lie.
>
> In his defense though insurance rates DO go up with tickets, even if
> you are an exception to the rule.

Actually, you do need to stamp a big "YMMV" on that.

Situations where your insurance rates might not go up if you get a
speeding ticket:

* Your last speeding ticket was 3 years ago (in most states, insurers
can only look back 3 years for moving violations)

* The speeding ticket doesn't make it into your MVR (the system's not
foolproof)

* You've qualified for a discount, or reduction in expense that offsets
your speeding ticket (e.g., you've gotten older reducing the youthful
surcharge).

* The insurance company doesn't order an MVR on you at renewal. (In
many states, insurers aren't required to order new MVRs at renewal.
Given how expensive MVRs are, in many cases, it's not cost-effective for
the insurer to order a new MVR more often than once every two or three
years...if then.)

--
Michael D. Adams -- Windsor, Connecticut -- http://www.triskele.com

Old March 27th 05, 06:32 PM
Reassembler

Matt > wrote in message
> Whenever I'm in the left lane (for any reason) and some asshole tailgates
> me or whatever, I will slow down to exactly the limit and stay right
> there in the left lane, just to **** off him off. If he moves to the
> right to pass, then I'll accelerate and stay about 2 MPH above his speed
> at all times until he's going 20 MPH over the limit before I slam on the
> brakes and send him careening away into Speeding Ticket Land. If it's
> night time and there are no other cars nearby, then I'll high beam him
> until he's at least 10 carlengths away.

...and one day you'll be found dead on the side of the road, and your boss
will wonder why you're not at work. Do you torture small animals, as well? Where
did all that hatred come from?

Reassembler

Old March 27th 05, 09:55 PM
Keith Schiffner

"Matt"

SNIP
> And you'll need to keep everything covered all
> the time, if you regularly
> drive in the same areas I do, because I'll
> remember you and take down the
> information if I see your vehicle again without
> the details covered up.
> (I hope you enjoy losing all the time.)

Scum like you can't remember your own VIN what
makes you think you can tell one bike from
another...you are the kind of person who calls all
motorcycles "harley". What a mouth breather...I'll
be sure to flick your cigarette back in your
window. Guys like you don't write damn thing down
and usually end up in the ditch upside down. 8^)
Not that I'd EVER bait a scum bag into doing that
to them selves.

--
Nefarious Necrologist 42nd Degree
Some people ride, some just like to show off their

"American" TV media cover up CIA_Israeli torture Awake BMW 7 February 26th 05 02:44 PM
American cars Dave General 6 February 13th 05 04:27 PM
Are japs controlling the Blue Ribbon Coalition? Sportsmen Against Bush 4x4 6 December 20th 03 03:58 AM
Where to find list of 1930's American Automobile Manufacturers [email protected] Antique cars 4 November 1st 03 06:44 AM