95 chevy G20 exhaust question....

Old January 25th 05, 02:03 AM
Leroy Stroud

Default 95 chevy G20 exhaust question....

I have a 95 Chevy G20 van....350 TBI....

I wanna run duals on it.....can it be done?

Do I need a crossover pipe for the O2 sensor ?

Better to keep the cat and run 3" pipe straight back?

I'd like headers, true duals....2 1/2" pipe straight back w/hi flow turbo
mufflers or glass packs.....

TIA

Bubbaearle

Old January 25th 05, 03:23 AM
pater

Run 'em, put a cat on both sides to keep with emissions laws, put the
O2 sensor on one side ( I've seen fords & chevys with the sensor in one
pipe). I'm thinking a 95 may be OBDII equipped, if so, go cat back with
3" pipe & forget "real" duals. Good luck.

Old January 25th 05, 04:01 PM
Steve

pater wrote:

> Run 'em, put a cat on both sides to keep with emissions laws, put the
> O2 sensor on one side ( I've seen fords & chevys with the sensor in one
> pipe). I'm thinking a 95 may be OBDII equipped, if so, go cat back with
> 3" pipe & forget "real" duals. Good luck.

Depending on where you live, it may be illegal to change the
configuration of any exhaust component upstream of and including the
catalyst. No headers, no replacing a single catalyst with dual
catalysts, etc. Check your local laws.

Old January 26th 05, 04:51 AM
Steve W.

It already has 3" from the crossover back. If it has a factory system
or most aftermarket.

--
Steve Williams