1997 Honda CRV Check engine light

Old February 3rd 07, 10:04 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
[email protected]

Default 1997 Honda CRV Check engine light

I have a 1997 CRV and check engine light goes on and off. Have
checked all fluids - gas cap etc - everything ok. One thing I notice
is that when the light comes on, the engine appears to idle not at a
steady rate - revs go up and down - and you can see it on the Tach
needle. Am wondering if it needs new fuel filter - would appreciate
any suggestions

Old February 4th 07, 01:44 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
[email protected]

Many thanks for the prompt reply - unfortunately went ahead and
changed the fuel filter and you are right. Am going to check rad
coolant as you suggested - also book a valve adjustment job as it has
206,000KM (130,000 miles)- on it with no valve slop. An interesting
side note to the fluctuating idle speed of 900 - 1600 rpm's on the
Tach is that as soon as the vehicle is put in drive - the fluctuations
end and it even's out at a steady 900 rpm's
Mary

Old February 5th 07, 04:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Woody[_1_]

Can you read? Throwing parts at problems like yours just waste money. HAVE
THE CODES READ FROM THE COMPUTER. It will tell you what area to look at.
AutoZone and other parts stores will read them for free. Bad fuel filters
show up at higher speeds, not idle. They start restricting fuel flow at the
higher end.

oups.com...