Don't You Hate...

Old March 4th 05, 02:11 PM
Cory Dunkle

Default Don't You Hate...

"Scott en Aztlán" > wrote in message
> ...Drivers who are coming from the opposite direction, have their
> right turn signal on, and who STOP and WAIT for you because you are
> sitting in the intersection waiting to turn left?

Yep. I have to deal with crap like that all the time. Stupid people who
don't take their right of way. Then everyone has to sit around and wait for
the buffoon that stopped to figure out he has the right of way.

I get similar things at stop signs. Plenty of idiots who don't take their
right of way. Also plenty of idiots who try to pass thorugh the intersection
when they do not ahve the right of way. Most often I take my right of way
and lay on the horn. It would suck if they hit me, but sometimes I just
don't care. I'll just get a quote to fix my car, collect that insurance
money, then do most of the work myself and have a fixed car and some extra
money to either upgrade the car or do other stuff with. Best of all though
would be the look on that morons face and getting to see their reaction
after hitting me, and how they try to explain that it was my fault that they
hit me while I took my right of way.

In any case, what we need is intense and strict driver testing. As it stands
you can drive on the wrong side of the road and nearly kill yourself during
the test and still pass.

Cory

Old March 4th 05, 02:57 PM
John Harlow

Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> ...Drivers who are coming from the opposite direction, have their
> right turn signal on, and who STOP and WAIT for you because you are
> sitting in the intersection waiting to turn left?

I just pull right in front of them. They're actually doing us a favor, the
type of person to do that is also likely to be a sloth.

Old March 4th 05, 03:11 PM
Cory Dunkle

"Scott en Aztlán" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 09:11:26 -0500, "Cory Dunkle" >
> wrote:
> >I'll just get a quote to fix my car, collect that insurance
> >money, then do most of the work myself and have a fixed car and some

extra
> >money to either upgrade the car or do other stuff with.

> I know you wouldn't do this, but just in case anyone reading this gets
> any funny ideas about buying an old tank (like a '72 Plymouth Fury II)
> and using it as a MFFY Buster, once you've had more than a couple of
> collisions your insurance rates will skyrocet and/or your insurance
> company is going to drop you.

Yeah I couldn't bring myself to let the ol' Gal get beat-up, but I can bluff
pretty good!

I got the insurance idea from when an old hag t-boned my '67 Gal. No one
tried to force their way in when merging while I was driving that car!
Though after the whole deer incident the '68 does have a mean lookin' front
clip. I'm waiting for the weather to warm up and the snow to go away, then
I'll replace the damaged parts and have Maako spray the new hood.

Did you see that episode of Mythbusters the other night where they tried to
flip a car by breaking the driveshaft? It was funny to watch. IIRC it was a
Valiant.

Old March 4th 05, 03:13 PM
Cory Dunkle

"Scott en Aztlán" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 09:11:26 -0500, "Cory Dunkle" >
> wrote:
>
> >> ...Drivers who are coming from the opposite direction, have their
> >> right turn signal on, and who STOP and WAIT for you because you are
> >> sitting in the intersection waiting to turn left?

> >Yep. I have to deal with crap like that all the time. Stupid people who
> >don't take their right of way. Then everyone has to sit around and wait

for
> >the buffoon that stopped to figure out he has the right of way.

> I won't wait too long. If I can safely do it, I'll quickly complete my
> turn. The worst is when the conditions don't permit me to turn even
> though this moron has stopped; then, as you say, everyone gets mired
> in "consideraton."

I'll proceed sometimes, but often times I am unsure of what the otehr
driver's intents are as sometimes people look like they are lettiing you go
but are not. I maintain that everyone will get to their destination more
quickly and with less stress if averyone follows their right of way and does
not actively prevent other drivers from merging.

Old March 4th 05, 04:48 PM
MidnightDad

"Scott en Aztlán" > wrote in message
> ...Drivers who are coming from the opposite direction, have their
> right turn signal on, and who STOP and WAIT for you because you are
> sitting in the intersection waiting to turn left?
>
> --
> Sloth Kills!
> http://www.geocities.com/slothkills/

I hate it when someone doesn't use their turn signal before they turn onto
the street I'm waiting to turn out of.

I also hate it when someone sneaks way out into an intersection looking to
make a left turn while I'm trying to make a left in front of them. It takes
all of my will power to not clip their front end.

Old March 4th 05, 11:50 PM
The Real Bev

"Scott en Aztlán" wrote:

> On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 09:11:26 -0500, "Cory Dunkle" >
> wrote:
>
> >> ...Drivers who are coming from the opposite direction, have their
> >> right turn signal on, and who STOP and WAIT for you because you are
> >> sitting in the intersection waiting to turn left?

> >Yep. I have to deal with crap like that all the time. Stupid people who
> >don't take their right of way. Then everyone has to sit around and wait for
> >the buffoon that stopped to figure out he has the right of way.

> I won't wait too long. If I can safely do it, I'll quickly complete my
> turn.

Fine in a car, but when I'm riding my bicycle I'll sit down on the
street (and yes, I have actually done that!) before I jeopardize my life
by getting in front of a person that stupid.

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old March 5th 05, 12:09 AM
TCS

On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 15:50:31 -0800, The Real Bev > wrote:
>"Scott en Aztlán" wrote:

>> >Yep. I have to deal with crap like that all the time. Stupid people who
>> >don't take their right of way. Then everyone has to sit around and wait for
>> >the buffoon that stopped to figure out he has the right of way.

>> I won't wait too long. If I can safely do it, I'll quickly complete my
>> turn.

>Fine in a car, but when I'm riding my bicycle I'll sit down on the
>street (and yes, I have actually done that!) before I jeopardize my life
>by getting in front of a person that stupid.

Same here. I'll wave them by all ****ed off -- "Your idiotic attempt at
'curtesy' is wasting your time and mine. GET THE **** OUT OF MY WAY!"

Then there are the cars who assume that any vehicle going less than 30mph
is stopped and that it's ok to pass on the left and cross in front to
turn right, being terribly surprised when the bike rider has somehow changed
position by 15' in 4 seconds. How did that happen?

Old March 5th 05, 04:33 AM
Arif Khokar

Scott en Aztlán wrote:

> On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 10:11:22 -0500, "Cory Dunkle" >
> wrote:

>>Did you see that episode of Mythbusters the other night where they tried to
>>flip a car by breaking the driveshaft? It was funny to watch. IIRC it was a
>>Valiant.

> Naw, I don't have cable TV.

That's what I like about usenet. I can read r.a.d and download tv shows
from the same server.
Old March 5th 05, 03:47 PM
fear

> ...Drivers who are coming from the opposite direction, have their
> right turn signal on, and who STOP and WAIT for you because you are
> sitting in the intersection waiting to turn left?

yea it ****es me off.

i bet you half of the minor accidents out there are caused by people giving
the right of way to people that aren't accepting it.. so then the person who
doesn't have the right of way starts going and then the person with the
original right of way hits them.

Old March 8th 05, 07:35 PM
John David Galt

Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> ...Drivers who are coming from the opposite direction, have their
> right turn signal on, and who STOP and WAIT for you because you are
> sitting in the intersection waiting to turn left?

Not especially, as long as they don't change their mind and try to go
when my opening (in the other lanes) comes.

If another driver is that stupid, I'm glad he isn't going to be ahead
of me. Those behind him, though, should be raising holy hell.