Mechanic question

Old December 20th 04, 10:09 PM
Mike C.

Default Mechanic question

Anyone know a good mechanic in the NYC area? Mine just called me and let me
know that he accidently took out my windshield and could I please get him
the parts so he can put them back in. I'm sort of getting tired of their
history of mistakes. Thanks for the heads up.

Mike

Old December 22nd 04, 01:34 PM
Tomasz Antkowiak

Mike C. wrote:
> Anyone know a good mechanic in the NYC area?

the best mechanic are are your own hands realy! if you just want you can
do everything!

good luck!

--
Tomasz Antkowiak
antek VW 1500'66 Brown Sugar

Old December 22nd 04, 01:46 PM
Mike C.

I know and in my younger days I did most of my own work, but I don't have
the time or place anymore and I certainly don't have all the tools i really
need. And there are certain things, like replacing glass and seals that I'd
like to leave to the professionals since the last thing i need is to break
my own glass.

Old December 25th 04, 05:53 PM
Tock

Dunno how anyone could accidentally take out a windshield, but it's not
difficult to replace one. I replaced one in my 66 using two screwdrivers
and the "Compleat Idiot" book. Cost me $10 for parts from a junkyard, and
about an hour to do the job.
-Tock

nk.net...

Old December 25th 04, 06:43 PM
Mike C.

The sad part is that THEY were the ones that put the windshield in.

Old December 25th 04, 07:51 PM
Nate Nagel

I just use soapy water as lube. works fine and no chance of damaging
the rubber like with a petroleum-based solvent. also I use stranded 16
ga. THHN instead of string, pulls easier.

nate

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel
Old December 25th 04, 08:31 PM
Speedy Jim

Nate Nagel wrote:

> I just use soapy water as lube. works fine and no chance of damaging
> the rubber like with a petroleum-based solvent. also I use stranded 16
> ga. THHN instead of string, pulls easier.
>
> nate

YES!! LOL THHN indeed!
Speedy Jim
http://www.nls.net/mp/volks/

Old December 25th 04, 10:58 PM
Speedy Jim

salt pepper, etc
Olive oil
breadcrumbs
Tomato Gravy (see index)

Boil the cabbage leaves for 2 minutes to soften.
In skillet, brown the meat in a little olive oil,
then add onions, peppers, and celery (all chopped finely)
and season well.
Place in a large bowl and cool.
Add seasoned breadcrumbs and a little of the tomato gravy,
enough to make the mixture pliable.
Divide the stuffing among the cabbage leaves then roll.
Place seam down in a baking pan.
Ladle tomato gravy on top,
and bake at 325° for 30 - 45 minutes.

Umbilical Cordon Bleu

Nothing is so beautiful as the bond between mother and child,
so why not consume it?
Children or chicken breasts will work wonderfully also.

4 whole umbilical chords (or baby breasts, or chicken breasts)
4 thin slices of smoked ham, and Gruyere cheese
Flour
eggwash (milk and eggs)
seasoned bread crumbs
1 onion
minced
salt
pepper
butter
olive oil

Pound the breasts flat (parboil first if using umbilical
cords so they won?t be tough).
Place a slice of ham and cheese on each, along with some minced onion
then fold in half, trimming neatly.
Dredge in flour, eggwash, then seasoned breadcrumbs;
allow to sit for a few minutes.
Sauté in butter and olive oil until golden brown,
about 6 minutes on each side.

Shish Kababes

As old as the hills, this technique has employed seafood, beef, pork, lamb,
poultry, and vegetables; just about anything can b

Old December 25th 04, 11:28 PM
Tock

or turkey stock is fine)
garlic
parsley
fresh cracked black pepper

Season and sauté the cutlets in olive oil till golden brown, remove.
Add the garlic and onions and cook down a bit.
Add some lemon juice and some zest, then de-glaze with stock.
Add a little cornstarch (dissolved in cold water) to the sauce.
You are just about there, Pour the sauce over the cutlets,
top with parsley, lemon slices and cracked pepper.
Serve with spinach salad, macaroni and cheese (homemade) and iced tea...

Spaghetti with Real Italian Meatballs

If you don?t have an expendable bambino on hand,
you can use a pound of ground pork instead.
The secret to great meatballs, is to use very lean meat.

1 lb. ground flesh; human or pork
3 lb. ground beef
1 cup finely chopped onions
7 - 12 cloves garlic
1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
˝ cup milk, 2 eggs
Oregano
basil
salt
pepper
Italian seasoning, etc.
Tomato gravy (see index)
Fresh or at least freshly cooked spaghetti or other pasta

Mix the ground meats together in a large bowl,
then mix each of the other ingredients.
Make balls about the size of a baby?s fist
(there should be one lying around for reference).
Bake at 400°for about 25 minutes -
or you could fry them in olive oil.
Place th

Old December 26th 04, 12:08 AM
Mike C.

to sit on the seal for
a few minutes.
Fry the rolls:
325° if using egg roll wraps, 350° for spring roll wraps.
Deep fry in peanut oil till crispy golden brown, drain on paper towels.

Lemon Neonate

Turkey serves just as well, and in fact even looks a bit like a
well-dressed baby. By the time you turn the child?s breast into
cutlets, it will be indistinguishable. The taste of young human,
although similar to turkey (and chicken) often can be wildly
different depending upon what he or she has consumed during its
10 to 14 months of life...

4 well chosen cutlets (from the breasts of 2 healthy neonates)
2 large lemons (fresh lemons always, if possible)
Olive oil
Green onions
Salt
pepper
cornstarch
neonate stock (chicken, or turkey stock is fine)

Ignorant question. Jeepers Jeep 9 January 15th 05 05:42 AM
JEEP question - 4.0 vs 4.0HO James Morrow 4x4 12 June 2nd 04 05:16 PM
85 5000 turbo diesel canadian version question jack Audi 1 May 21st 04 01:58 PM