Mustang or Magnum R/T Hemi--Easy Choice

Old November 17th 04, 11:05 PM
Dave Combs

Default Mustang or Magnum R/T Hemi--Easy Choice

I've had my '90 LX 5.0 since day 1 but I'm ready to get a new car. My
requirements are that it has to be faster than my stock 5.0, be made in
North America and be priced under $40,000. The candidates a GTO, 300C
Hemi, Magnum R/T Hemi and the '05 Mustang. Well I dropped by the Ford store
today to size up the Mustang and I truly mean size it up because I am 6'4".
Well it has about the same headroom as my LX, less and more confining
legroom and less rear legroom when the driver's seat is all the way back. I
drove a GTO at a GM autorama a few months back but it was just a modern LX
but overpriced and totally bland. So that leaves the 300C and the Magnum.
Somebody had a black Magnum in the customer parking area at the Ford store,
The interior space, the Hemi and the looks make the Magnum my choice. Still
going to keep the LX for weekend fun!

Old November 18th 04, 12:26 AM
WraithCobra

You left out the Cobra! But it seems your looking for a something with a bit
more usable space for you and passengers, this would leave out the Cobra as
well as the new Mustangs. I like the style of the 300C and especially the
Magnum, I say get the Magnum if you need the cargo capacity or the 300C if a
sedan will fit the bill.
--
Mike
Silver 10th Anniversary Cobra Coupe

Old November 18th 04, 02:03 AM
Dave Combs

I hadn't forgotten about the Cobra but the last time I sat in an '04 when
the LX was in for service at the Ford store the headroom was too short.
Being tall is great in crowds but not in cars, airline seats, beds, etc.
The best car I ever had for legroom was an MGB. The seat went back further
than I needed. Thanks for your comments.

Old November 18th 04, 10:14 PM
wabbitslayer

> Somebody had a black Magnum in the customer parking area at the Ford store

Looking to trade it in, perhaps?
With the recent addition of two young 'uns to the family, I'm trying to
convince my wife she needs to get a Magnum. I could trade the vert, but
damnit, Dodge could put the 8 liter V-10 in it and it'd still be a station
wagon.

Wabbitslayer
01 GT vert

Old November 18th 04, 11:05 PM
Dinsdale

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 17:14:27 -0500, "wabbitslayer"
> wrote:

>> Somebody had a black Magnum in the customer parking area at the Ford store

>Looking to trade it in, perhaps?
>With the recent addition of two young 'uns to the family, I'm trying to
>convince my wife she needs to get a Magnum. I could trade the vert, but
>damnit, Dodge could put the 8 liter V-10 in it and it'd still be a station
>wagon.
>

>Wabbitslayer
>01 GT vert

It's still leagues ahead of a mini-van or the trite SUV....and, in my
opinion, unique enough (for the moment) from the other 'station
wagons' out there to almost be in a class of its own.
(Apologies for the split infinitive)

DP
http://tinyurl.com/4fcsn

Old November 18th 04, 11:08 PM
JS

My former '89 Probe GT and my current '95 Eclipse GSX both can have the seat
so far back that I can't operate the clutch correctly, and I'm a hair over
6' tall. There's no knee room in the Eclipse though, at all.

JS

Old November 20th 04, 12:15 AM
Patrick

"wabbitslayer" > wrote in message > ...

> I could trade the vert, but damnit, Dodge could put the 8-liter V-10 in it
> and it'd still be a station wagon.

Hey, I think station wagaons are cool! They're much better than a SUV or minivan.

Patrick
'93 Cobra
'83 LTD
Old November 20th 04, 01:50 AM
wabbitslayer

> > I could trade the vert, but damnit, Dodge could put the 8-liter V-10 in
it
> > and it'd still be a station wagon.

> Hey, I think station wagaons are cool! They're much better than a SUV or

minivan.

> Patrick
> '93 Cobra
> '83 LTD

yeah...maybe you're right..i've been thinkin'....put the viper engine under
the hood, six 15" subs in the cargo area....hmmm.
I just keep having flashbacks to seeing all that faded-out woodgrain
stick-on stuff as a child. What was that, anyway?

Wabbitslayer
01 GT vert

Old November 22nd 04, 11:05 PM
harpoo

I do not see it as a wagon, the more I see them on the street, the
better they look. It is too unique to classify as a wagon, IMO...
Old November 24th 04, 05:57 PM
harpoo

> I just keep having flashbacks to seeing all that faded-out woodgrain
> stick-on stuff as a child. What was that, anyway?

Like on Nat. Lampoon's Vacation...

Hahaha

Yeah, wagons have come a long way since those days.. Magnum looks good IMO...

The HEMI Luke Smith 4x4 14 January 3rd 05 04:31 AM
Mustang Fever All Over Again Jim S. Ford Mustang 12 December 13th 04 09:11 PM
'05 Hemi magnum REAL mileage GRL Dodge 16 June 22nd 04 11:42 PM