GEICO and rates after a fender-bender

Old February 20th 05, 01:44 AM
Abeness

Kenneth J. Harris wrote:
> GEICO(which I have) has some kind of policy currently which goes
> something like this: they reward their customers by not raising rates
> for a single at fault accident if the customer has not had any accidents
> in the last 5 years. I don't have the exact wording handy but that's
> basically how it works.

It's called Accident Forgiveness. Since my 5-year good driver discount
is still listed on my bill, it clearly kicked in. We'll see what happens
next year...

In NYC, BTW. I posted the current experience because when I started
looking into what would happen to rates after a first at-fault
collision, I found it difficult to find data. It would be nice to have a
site that tracked this sort of thing. Obviously the insurance companies
aren't going to provide it, so it would have to be based on user experience.