Mazdaspeed eunos

Old October 26th 04, 11:58 PM
Deano

Default Mazdaspeed eunos

Hi hope some one can help with this question. In the U.K. I have just bought
a imported damaged Mazda eunos roadster for repair (bumper, slam panel,
wing, bonnet and h/light all crumpled)
The car is badged as a Mazdaspeed and on the drivers door there is a badge
with "tuned by Mazdaspeed factory and a serial number". I have tried a few
searches on google but not come up with any answers on the full spec, it may
be difficult to trace the previous keeper as the car was bought from a
salvage yard. I will need to know roughly what differs from a standard
MX5/Eunos for when I insure it, is it the same as a "V" spec. Any ideas?

Regards

Dean

Old October 27th 04, 12:41 AM
Tom Howlin

How come the American version doesn't come with a "slam panel", "wing"
or "bonnet"? Love those British terms. As for the Mazdaspeed nametag,
it has been applied to a factory turbo Miata here in the states but has
only been on sale for a year so unless it's almost new, doubt that it is
the same. Mazda may have done some additional tuning on foreign
distribution where emissions certification was not an issue. Mazdaspeed
does everything from minor handling mods up to twin turbo engines so it
could be anywhere in between. Hopefully, someone here will know more
than me, meanwhile I'm going to go and try and find out if I actually
have a slam panel.

Tom
92 Red